Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :bowdown: I worship Guillermo "El Salvador" Garcia-Lopez for his valuable service to mankind. Thank you so much for defeating this arrogant pusher. Until then every player will save tennis by ousting him.

Borna Coric said:
I am the best of my generation
Coric is still a cocky little shit. Some losses will do good for him to not underestimate his opponents and think he is always better. He needs to mature, every time I see that smug face I get angry.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Estoril QF: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez def. Coric 6-3, 7-6(4)

Quite unusual this second set, not a typical choke actually

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
He hit more winners than GGL, and I'm unhappy about that. His dad came to watch and he turned into this crazy kid who has something to prove, being recklessly on all the key moments. That meltdown was so not him, kept shouting to his dad, was just painful to watch.

Happy for GGL, hoping for another title here.

Oh and btw OP is a joke, but clearly that's news to nobody.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
23,473 Posts
Re: Estoril QF: Guillermo "The Saviour" Garcia-Lopez def. Coric 6-3, 7-6(4)

This match had three acts:

Act I - GGL in Control: Just one break of serve and it goes to GGL.
Act II - Coric Fights Back: Coric now tried to push GGL out and fought for fighting forcing errors. GGL trapped in many baseline rallies and Coric was just bossing him.
Act III - Trolcia-Lopez: Suddenly, GGL started to try to mix up his shots, and also started now to attack with variety, seeing that he has nothing to lose at 1-5* with some Set Points down. Coric was also fighting but GGL was getting better. Then all of a sudden GGL started to also serve better and Coric started to falter a bit. On serve and there was a Set Point which GGL saved and at the TB Coric just didn't do enough and GGL just kept his level.

Someone should post an endless loop of GGL showing his tongue out. :lol:

Coric still needs a lot to learn especially as of now he just seems like a grinder with good BH but he did show his resilience and did have good winners especially in the BH side.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Re: Estoril QF: Guillermo "The Saviour" Garcia-Lopez def. Coric 6-3, 7-6(4)

GGL has turned into a really good player. Nice all-around game.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Agree not the typical Chile. Ggl clearly improved his game but Coric lost his way a little as well. Too much talking to him self, laughing and frustrated body language. Guillermo "stone face" Garcia-Lopez just got on with it and let tennis do the talking. Difference between seasoned veteran and hyped teenager.

·
23,473 Posts
Re: Estoril QF: Guillermo "El Salvador" Garcia-Lopez def. Coric 6-3, 7-6(4)

It was like when GGL was down 1-5, he thought: "that's it, no more Mr. Nice Spaniard...I am not afraid of your BH, I mean I beat freakin' Wawrinka on Clay and pushed Djokovic for crying out loud..."

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Agree not the typical Chile. Ggl clearly improved his game but Coric lost his way a little as well. Too much talking to him self, laughing and frustrated body language. Guillermo "stone face" Garcia-Lopez just got on with it and let tennis do the talking. Difference between seasoned veteran and hyped teenager.
He wasn't talking to himself tho, he was shouting to someone very particular... Which is why I'm so mad, because that totally messed with his head.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts

He hit more winners than GGL, and I'm unhappy about that. His dad came to watch and he turned into this crazy kid who has something to prove, being recklessly on all the key moments. That meltdown was so not him, kept shouting to his dad, was just painful to watch.

Happy for GGL, hoping for another title here.

Oh and btw OP is a joke, but clearly that's news to nobody.

His dad is very often in the stands watching him play..

·
Registered
285 Posts

Stronger, more experienced and solid player won at this stage...
but good tournament for Coric though, i think he'll win his first atp title within a year

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Yes, Coric lost because of his dad :lol: Fanboys always making excuses.

He lost because he's a weaponless pusher and because GGL is the much more talented player.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well played Garcia, was a better man today.

Ćorić losing greatly due to inexperience, as he let his temper get the better of him. Usaually he chanells it rightly but not today.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

He lost because he's a weaponless pusher and because GGL is the much more talented player.
Ugh at least post something that makes sense, he hit 4 more winners today than GGL, please gather those 3 brain cells of yours, maybe borrow that 1 from OP and use them so you don't sound like your fav. Take a seat.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I'm not sure when I saw him the last time but definitely he was in the stands for a lot of matches and I never noticed nor do I think that it makes any difference.
Last time I saw him was at Zagreb, where he had that terrible loss. Before that it was the USO.

I'm not blaming his dad tho making that clear, he did it to himself.

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

:worship: Truer words never spoken.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts