Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certainly tougher than expected but a win is a win. I expect him to beat Serra tomorrow despite what happened in their match last year.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Poor match. Gicquel fought well but Davydenko was too strong even despite him being pissed off severely with the conditions.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
Gicquel got tired at a certain point. And then it was clear that the win was going to be Davydenko's.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I see Serra winning the next.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Apparently a tougher job than expected (by me, at least). I guess he just lost his head for a bit during that second set?

Well done Denko. :hatoff:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Same old Davy, up to his old tricks. Yet mugs on here still proclaim his innocence.
Did you even watch a single point of the match? He looked both fatigued and annoyed with his own play at times, clearly he's fighting hard to win.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
Did you even watch a single point of the match? He looked both fatigued and annoyed with his own play at times, clearly he's fighting hard to win.
you're right.

there could be a surprise tomorrow. Though, I am not so sure that Davydenko losing tomorrow would be that much of a surprise.

Let's see.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No, no.

He knew exactly what he was doing in that second set. Calling the trainer too.
Okay... it's always difficult to judge a match watching a sb only... why did he call the trainer? Something wrong with him? :confused:

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Feigns an injury when he is control of the match, gets broken for the set, calls the trainer.....odds go up. Mugs like me fall hook line and sinker because of Donkey's history of retiring from matches all of a sudden. Then, final set...no signs of injury, wins in 3 sets.

Mafia = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
Serra... lol

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Nikolay had a tough draw here, Minar and Gicquel were among the few form players in this tournament.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts