Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Estoril QF: Carreno-Busta def. [8] Muller 6-2 6-4

Second set stats:

Fun fact: Muller hit 3 aces in the whole match, saved 3 BPs with each of those aces, and went 3/9 on BPs saved.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Estoril QF: Gimeno-Traver def. [8] Muller 6-2 6-4

Is it me or Gimeno-Traver lately has very surprising results with deep runs.
Yes, making the QF in two tournaments at the same time is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That result shouldn't be a surprise. Muller just isn't that good on clay and the match began less than 20 hours after his three-setter against Montañes. Screwed by surface and scheduling.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
That result shouldn't be a surprise. Muller just isn't that good on clay and the match began less than 20 hours after his three-setter against Montañes. Screwed by surface and scheduling.
And he also has to play doubles today that is starting in 10 minutes time.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,834 Posts
Re: Estoril QF: Carreno-Busta def. [8] Muller 6-2 6-4

Second set stats:

Fun fact: Muller hit 3 aces in the whole match, saved 3 BPs with each of those aces, and went 3/9 on BPs saved.
Terrible 1st and 2nd serve stats if I ever saw one - you wouldn't think Muller was a servebot LOL
31% is worse than WTA level first serve which at least tends to be over 50% :facepalm:

PCB good game - please keep winning! :cheerleader:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Carreno-Busta is mugging it the fuck up this year. I hope he gets destroyed next round. Lestienne, Vega-Hernandez and a Muller who went 76(7) in the third with a 60 year old Montanes to get to the SF of an ATP tournament is just ridiculous.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,834 Posts
Carreno-Busta is mugging it the fuck up this year. I hope he gets destroyed next round. Lestienne, Vega-Hernandez and a Muller who went 76(7) in the third with a 60 year old Montanes to get to the SF of an ATP tournament is just ridiculous.
PCB has had some tough draws this year on clay. Stopped by Nadal in Rio. Tight loss to Berlocq at Casablanca (having a MP in TB) and then to Gabashvili at Barcelona (both decent) clay courters. Only embarrassing loss was to Stakhovsky but that one was fairly tight. So it's about time he had some wins I'd say. He would have beaten Montanes I'm pretty sure as well.
Of course tomorrow is a whole new match. May the better player win!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts