Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
21,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Only saw the second set) Gasquet was consistent. Kyrgios was far from it. Pretty much as expected.

Title #12 :woohoo:
First title on clay in 5 years.

·
21,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kyrgios walking away after the match. Didn't realize that there was a presentation :lol:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Better player won.

As much I was rooting for Nick today, it's always nice to see Gasquet with title. He struggles with back recently, and still wins 2 titles this year. If healthy, he has no business being ranked so low.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:clap2::clap2:

12th title!

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts
Richard :yeah:

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
we've missed your Richard!

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
I guess that's revenge for that Wimbledon 4th round match where he wasted 9 match points. Good for Gasquet. Kyrgios still has some work to do, but he showed consistency. Good result nevertheless.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Better player won.

As much I was rooting for Nick today, it's always nice to see Gasquet with title. He struggles with back recently, and still wins 2 titles this year. If healthy, he has no business being ranked so low.
he has Maignes syndrome, i doubt he can stay healthy for long unfortunately.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kyrgios mentally absent for the majority of the match after several games. Gasquet just clinical and solid from the baseline, showing his superior clay-court experience while Kyrgios was impatient and scrambling all over the place. However, good week from Kyrgios, has some finals and even valuable clay-court experience under his belt.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I am happy for Gasquet, but there is no doubt Nick has great potential. What he needs though is a strong coach he respects to keep him calm. Nick also has to learn not to dwell over missed opportunities or an opponents winning shots.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Gasquet hit just 6 UEs in the entire match. He defended really well and didn't give King anything short to pounce on. Hell, he even hit his forehand with good depth. Definitely recovered from his injuries and he should start to climb the rankings.

King only won 63% on his first serve which just isn't going to cut it. He became very frustrated by Gasquet returning his big serves and groundies. Good achievement to make a final on clay nonetheless.

Turning point was 2-2 in the first set with Gasquet serving. King netted an easy forehand to go up 0-40. Gasquet held, broke the next game and King checked out.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
:bounce:

#12! Yeaahhh!!!

Great week for Richard! Keep the good form for the rest of the clay season please :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts