Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Estoril looks quite interesting to me as a portuguese.

However, it's understandable that for you guys this tournament is becoming a joke... =/

PS: To be honest, I don't even know who this guy Gremelmayr is... =/

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
In normal form it would have been an easy semifinal for Jarkko. :eek: Looks like all DC players had to play already on Tuesday in Europe.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Wow - it's a bit of a cauchemar for Nieminen these days - he just can't seem to get it together at the moment.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
I think Dennis Gremelmayr's biggest achievement before this will have been beating Guillermo Coria in Munich in 2006 as Coria was deep into his spiral of career death.

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Davis Cup took it's toll I guess (11 sets in 3 days)

hopefully the new coach, Joakim Nyström, can bring Jarkko out of this slump soon

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nieminen is now 0-7 in the last seven ATP matches. (1-1 in Davis Cup, won Voo De Mar, lost to Anderson)

Did I hear someone say biggest crisis of his career?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hopefully Jarkko can end his nightmare run of form ASAP.
Gremelmayr is a leftie. His serve can be difficult to face, his forehand is solid, and he is a nice volleyer.
In 2006 he qualified for the Aussie Open, and beat Bjorkman and Ginepri (coming from 2 sets to love down in that match), to reach the 3rd round. He was also a qualifier at Munich later that year when he beat the world no. 9 at the time Coria and reached the quarter-final stage there. He broke into the top 100 that season. Last year he won 2 challenger titles at Dusseldorf and Eckental.
This year he qualified for the Aussie Open again, beat Roitman to reach the 2nd round, and lost 9-7 in the 5th set against Spadea. He is currently just outside the top 100 (I'm not sure whether his victory today will be enough to get him back up there or not).

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Nieminen is now 0-7 in the last seven ATP matches. (1-1 in Davis Cup, won Voo De Mar, lost to Anderson)

Did I hear someone say biggest crisis of his career?
Won Voo De Mar? :lol:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Jarkko :(
I hope he gets his good form back soon, it's sad to watch him lose to the guys like Gremelmayr :(

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Well, Estoril looks quite interesting to me as a portuguese.

However, it's understandable that for you guys this tournament is becoming a joke... =/

PS: To be honest, I don't even know who this guy Gremelmayr is... =/
Gremelmayr is a stupid player who has the guts to retire down 46 35 with no serious injury

:mad: he is in my black book of :shout:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts