1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Re: Austrialian Open TV to stream Live Grand Slam tennis for $15!?

For all non-American and Australian (possibly Russian too) residing tennis fans, I advise you to go to Hills and watch 6 court coverage for free.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

:lol: It's not available in many countries.

the LIVE stream is available in the following countries:
Argentina, Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Belieze, Brazil, Bermuda, Bahrain, Bahamas, Barbados, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, China, Dominican Republic, Dominca, Ecuador, El Salvador, Egypt, Falkland Islands , French Guiana , Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Israel , Jamaica, Jordon, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Palestine, Qatar, Uruguay, Suriname , Saint Lucia , Saint Kitts and Nevis , Saudi Arabia , Syria , Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Arab Emirates , Venezuela , Yemen
http://www.australianopentv.com/page/termsandconditions/

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

It would be great if it were available in europe, but it isn't. :devil:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

The website looks awesome...

and it appears that they will infact be streaming every match online for $15(pre tournement pass)...along with posting the regular daily roundups, interviews, etc for free.

Thoughts?

http://www.australianopentv.com/page/Home?WT.mc_id=menstenfor
Isn't this the one that's available everywhere except the UK and US? If it is, it's no good for me and I will be taking jayjay's suggestion.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts

Smart move.

Many many of these countries are those with government controlled/state run television, which will never shell out for the AO.
Of course in a handful of these, the government also monitors the internet, but seeing as tennis is hardly political propaganda I can't imagine they'd block it.

No wonder it's $15 -- cheap by Aus standards, bu = 5 days's worth of pay in some of these place. :sad:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

I continue to place my faith in the Eurosport website, even though it is still ominously quiet on the subject.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I love that they charge US dollars for a service THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US!

I have ESPN360.com, and nearly wall to wall coverage on TV. I'm not sweating it.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts

hey fee, do you know if espn360 is going to show more than one court at a time?

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

For UK users BBCi is covering it every weekday morning, live coverage and "best match of the day". The first weekend there is limited coverage on BBC2 on Sunday, both singles finals (not live) the last weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6102132.stm

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

I love that they charge US dollars for a service THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US!

I have ESPN360.com, and nearly wall to wall coverage on TV. I'm not sweating it.
I'm sweating it - no ESPN360 (love my Cox Cable internet provider) or live stream available - longing for the good old days at Wimbledon and live stream/on demand matches IN the US.

HOw are you getting wall to wall coverage on tv in the US? all I see that I can count on is the wonderful coverage from ESPN2 which means if an American is not playing they might decide to show bowling instead. And The Tennis Channel looks like it will show an hour or two some nights. If you have found something bettter I'd love to know about it.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts

Smart move.

Many many of these countries are those with government controlled/state run television, which will never shell out for the AO.
Of course in a handful of these, the government also monitors the internet, but seeing as tennis is hardly political propaganda I can't imagine they'd block it.

No wonder it's $15 -- cheap by Aus standards, bu = 5 days's worth of pay in some of these place. :sad:
None of the above applies to where I live, since we get ESPN2 AND ESPN International on our cable service.... and no....we do get paid considerably more than USD $15.00 for 5 days pay.. heh, a fast food snack box is equiv of $9.00 - $11 US... and they are VERY well patronised... lol

.. but we are included in places that can get AO/TV

·
Registered
8,821 Posts

None of the above applies to where I live, since we get ESPN2 AND ESPN International on our cable service.... and no....we do get paid considerably more than USD $15.00 for 5 days pay.. heh, a fast food snack box is equiv of $9.00 - $11 US... and they are VERY well patronised... lol

.. but we are included in places that can get AO/TV
Yes, the "many many" would discount wherever you live. I don't think St. Kitts either has money issues. ;)

·
Registered
12,633 Posts

The island is part of my nick :)

1 - 20 of 221 Posts