Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, I used to think that USA did a better job than ESPN2 in covering a Slam. But honestly, USA has the advantage of covering a Slam in an American time zone.

Cutting off the Agassi vs. Blake match during the 5th set to show the last 20 minutes of Law & Order was an unpardonable sin. I can't believe I'll never get to see the end of one of this year's greatest US Open comebacks.

I hate the USA channel, and I will never forgive them for this.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Where I live, USA said to switch to CBS, which I did, but after about 3 minutes, they put on Extra! - had to wait until I got a full hollywood update before I could see the end of the match... :rolleyes: at least I got to see it, though. If I had gone to bed and just recorded extra time on USA, that would have sucked.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Some satellite companies carry both east and west coast CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox networks, I know when I had DirectTV they did this.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
okay boys, can we get back to the topic? thanks.

USA was contractually obligated to cede coverage to CBS at a certain time (12:35 am EDT). Those in that timezone had to switch (and I think the Central time zone too). The West Coast continued to get coverage from USA, but west coast viewers who had a satellite dish that used an East Coast feed lost their coverage. I have cable, I saw the whole match. Sucks, but it was a contract/broadcast rights thing, so not really USA's fault, this time.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
LoveFifteen said:
To be honest, I used to think that USA did a better job than ESPN2 in covering a Slam. But honestly, USA has the advantage of covering a Slam in an American time zone.

Cutting off the Agassi vs. Blake match during the 5th set to show the last 20 minutes of Law & Order was an unpardonable sin. I can't believe I'll never get to see the end of one of this year's greatest US Open comebacks.

I hate the USA channel, and I will never forgive them for this.

USA HAS DONE A GREAT JOB.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
RDucky said:
yeah , good thing im not croatian jackass. :wavey:
Neither is Llubo he's actually an Alien from another planet you'de think everyone would have figured it out by now with the way he looks and all. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fumus said:
They didn't cut it off, it when on cbs.

FOOL.
when USA stopped showing the match it got cut off
even though it went to cbs, USA still cut the match off...
because it didnt show the rest of the match on their channel

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
USA is usually pretty fantastic compared to other stations. I know someone that had their match cut off, and that royally sucks. Still, if you're a fanatic and want to see the remainder of the match sometime, it's not like they'll never show it again. All in all, they do a pretty good job of sticking with matches, so I'd cut them some slack - certainly much rather have USA than ESPN.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
DayTripperGH said:
USA didnot cut the match off. USA cannot show the match at the same timezone when CBS is showing. I don't know if there's a hearing problem with some posters here because Ted had been repeating the information at least 3 times before the cut off time.

I'm on pacific time zone, 3 hours behind, and watched until the last point of the match on USA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i didnt actually watch it...i was just saying...that if they stopped showing it they cut it off...but i didnt know that two stations cant show the same match (why dont they just keep it the same?)

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
DayTripperGH said:
because it didnt show the rest of the match on their channel
It's not like ESPN when they are sole carrier of the coverage in the US. It wasn't like they said, "no one is going to see this now watch law and order biatches"...like USA did durning the Robby vs. Gasquet match. I didn't see anyone making any threads about that.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
usa's coverage isn't perfect but it is definitely a lot better than espn

1 - 20 of 39 Posts