Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
They cannot know with absolute certainty, in advance of the event. But they can estimate the probabilities from many-decades-long experience. And thoughout those decades, men's side generated more interest and inflows.
Again, if things change, and women start to CONSISTENTLY attract more interest than men, they will be paid more than men. Sponsors are not idiots, they know their business.

Because she takes part in the draw that is less interesting to watch. Well, maybe it is YOUR opinion that it is more intereting to watch Osaka than Medvedev, fair enough. However, in MOST years, MORE viewers believe men's competition is more attractive. Sorry ...

P.S. As a disclaimer, despite my country flag, I very much dislike Medvedev as a person. But I definitely would prefer to watch his match than Osaka's, if I had to choose. Becasue Osaka's game is boring to me, while Medvedev's is not.
Views are not entirely based on how "interesting" they are lol. I don't find Osaka entertaining at all and her serve bot matches can be very boring. Wozniacki was watched more than someone like Hsieh who is on a different in the interesting category. But, osaka is a much, much bigger name and has many more fans than Medvedev does so she will always be watched more.

It doesn't sit right with me that she or any other woman who generates more revenue than the men has to be paid less because her draw as a whole generates slightly less ratings (There isn't much of a difference at the slams where they get paid equally). There is no perfect system because unfairness would still exist either way but imo equal pay is the best way to try and level things out as much as possible.
You claimed she earned more
One slightly off claim doesn't negate my entire point sorry..... and I was right that "no one cared for him" which is a figure of speech which means that not a lot of people give fucks about him.

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
[...]

One slightly off claim doesn't negate my entire point sorry..... and I was right that "no one cared for him" which is a figure of speech which means that not a lot of people give fucks about him.
The endorsement deals reflect the interest. L for Bouchard and you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm sure even more people do about Kim Kardashian or Meghan Markle. Is there some point at all?
The point was to counter this false claim you made out of bitterness and anger at the fact that she exposed your fave.

"Only no one gives a f*** how much is she making through sponsors or who is she bagging." Bye.

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
No, It reflects on-court success. Their social media followers reveals interest... L
You said it, success. That's the entire thing, to attach someone's recognizable name/face to a product in order to boost sales. Bouchard was dropped by many of her sponsors as her relevance waned, while Medvedev is hitting his stride. A shorter career but already made more in endorsements than Bouchard.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You said it, success. That's the entire thing, to attach someone's recognizable name/face to a product in order to boost sales. Bouchard was dropped by many of her sponsors as her relevance waned, while Medvedev is hitting his stride. A shorter career but already made more in endorsements than Bouchard.
The little difference in the millions they have both made won't change the fact that Medvedev is a skinny, balding, and weird-looking bloke and she is hotter and more popular than he could ever dream off. Add the fact that she has vaginal privilege means she still wins in life as a whole.

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
The little difference in the millions they have both made won't change the fact that Medvedev is a skinny, balding, and weird-looking bloke and she is hotter and more popular than he could ever dream off. Add the fact that she has vaginal privilege means she still wins in life as a whole.

·
Premium Member
22,165 Posts
The point was to counter this false claim you made out of bitterness and anger at the fact that she exposed your fave.

"Only no one gives a f*** how much is she making through sponsors or who is she bagging." Bye.
Exposed? Boy do you live in some imaginary world :ROFLMAO: I mean good for her but why should anyone here care how much she's making, do you feel your life just improved when she nabs a new sponsorship or something? :LOL:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Exposed? Boy do you live in some imaginary world :ROFLMAO: I mean good for her but why should anyone here care how much she's making, do you feel your life just improved when she nabs a new sponsorship or something? :LOL:
I was calling out the false claim you made that no one gives a f*** about her and am here just stating facts....... I couldn't care less about her.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Don’t have to overreact, if Raducanu couldn’t manage to bring consistent results, she might end up being another Bouchard.
Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Raducanu to win, but this hype is going so overboard.
It has a Sharapova feel to it. Yes, Sharapova had more hype than Federer first 2 years. Sharapova on women's side and Roddick on men's side. Serena destroyed that Sharapova's image...

·
WOAT Predictor
2,581 Posts
Djokovic should give half his prize money to the women. According to some posters here, equal prize money at slams is horrible, horrible horribly sexist towards men.
Well, Djokovic played like shit, only 3 sets and cried like a woman. They got more viewership too. Only fair to give his prize money to the women now. :)
Tennis naturally was a sport and not a webcam show.
Women's tennis is popular only because of wankers.
Change short dresses and skirts to paranja and no one will watch women's tennis.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It has a Sharapova feel to it. Yes, Sharapova had more hype than Federer first 2 years. Sharapova on women's side and Roddick on men's side. Serena destroyed that Sharapova's image...
If she becomes Sharapova, it’s one hell of success..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Tennis naturally was a sport and not a webcam show.
Women's tennis is popular only because of wankers.
Change short dresses and skirts to paranja and no one will watch women's tennis.
Don't know about that but maybe next time Djokovic should wear a skirt for better ratings?

·
Registered
22,766 Posts
I think comparisons to last year don't mean that much because of the unique situation (re: the pandemic). Would be more interesting to looking at viewership trends over the last few decades. I've definitely stopped watching much because things were getting stale, but we are on the cusp of a new era which should have more competition and surprises.

Reactions: Always_A_King
41 - 60 of 68 Posts