Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
53,716 Posts
Nice to see tennis get such a good number, ESPN over CBS is a great choice, they did the event justice in coverage for sure. Even though I think we should have the final at 7pm, not 4pm because otherwise we are competing with 100 games at 4pm for Week 1 of the NFL season. Why not move the match to 7pm window where we compete only with 1 game?

But anyways, great US Open for tennis, both men and women, very happy for the game

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nice to see tennis get such a good number, ESPN over CBS is a great choice, they did the event justice in coverage for sure. Even though I think we should have the final at 7pm, not 4pm because otherwise we are competing with 100 games at 4pm for Week 1 of the NFL season. Why not move the match to 7pm window where we compete only with 1 game?

But anyways, great US Open for tennis, both men and women, very happy for the game
Because usually 4 pm games are not "the games". Sunday game is the biggest game of the day. Although who even played this Sunday night?

I am just curious - what time is AO final usually (local time)?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts

Sunday Night NFL game is National and Tennis would get killed in the spot there.

·
Registered
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
707 Posts
Because usually 4 pm games are not "the games". Sunday game is the biggest game of the day. Although who even played this Sunday night?

The AO finals were played at 7:30 PM local time.

·
Your visions will happen
53,716 Posts

Biggest game of the day is always 4:25pm time slot

USO should move the finals to a 7 or 730pm start. See, you cannot even remember who played the Sunday night game. It was Rams-Bears I believe

Sunday Night NFL game is National and Tennis would get killed in the spot there.
It didn't in 2015 if I recall, that one started around 7 after rain delays

·
justice for all
19,387 Posts
I think there’s no need to jerk off to these figures. Average viewership of 3,0m people men or women is still around only 1,0% of people in the US who watched it. Let that sink in. This is a niche thing.

Now compare it to other big sports events like Super Bowl or NBA Finals. Or to ratings in the UK where close to 15% of people watched the women’s final (for obvious reasons).

·
Rankings Master
16,311 Posts
Like I said no one cares about Medvedev. If you worldwide numbers Raducanu destroys them in ratings.

Emma deserved a higher prize money than medvedev for all the numbers she generated but no, the sexists will go on about how men’s tennis is superior. Yeah, fuck off.
The ratings in this post are the US ratings, not the worldwide ratings.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Don’t have to overreact, if Raducanu couldn’t manage to bring consistent results, she might end up being another Bouchard.
Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Raducanu to win, but this hype is going so overboard.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Like I said no one cares about Medvedev. If you worldwide numbers Raducanu destroys them in ratings.

Emma deserved a higher prize money than medvedev for all the numbers she generated but no, the sexists will go on about how men’s tennis is superior. Yeah, fuck off.
What were the numbers outside the US and UK?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Don’t have to overreact, if Raducanu couldn’t manage to bring consistent results, she might end up being another Bouchard.
Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Raducanu to win, but this hype is going so overboard.
Genie is not a slam winner.
And the president of China is ready to give her citizenship coz of her popularity.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Being a Bouchard is still better than being a medvedev.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts