Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
|
14,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember last year the ESPN tennis experts.....7 picked Djokovic, 3 picked Nadal.
What do you think they will do this year?
We will see if they learn their lesson or not :eek:
Anyone know if they've been released yet?

·
|
14,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nadal is going for a 10-3 h2h lead at the slams over Djokovic.
One of the most lopsided slam h2hs in tennis history.
Very few people get beaten 10 times at the slams by one man.
And the only slam Djokovic has a winning record over Nadal at is the AO, and it took him 6 hours :lol:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Well for whatever it's worth most of the writers I'm seeing on Twitter and such are somewhere between 2 and 3 to 1 for Djokovic over Nadal.

·
|
14,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who cares about them.
Its some of the biggest names in tennis (even bigger than us).
This was last year's-
Cahill picks Djokovic
Drysdale picks Nadal
Evert picks Nadal
McEnroe picks Djokovic
Shriver picks Nadal
Bryant picks Djokovic
Caple picks Djokovic
Garber picks Djokovic
Tandon picks Djokovic
Wilansky picks Djokovic

·
|
14,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well for whatever it's worth most of the writers I'm seeing on Twitter and such are somewhere between 2 and 3 to 1 for Djokovic over Nadal.
I'm not sure who they are though.
We know the majority of people are wrong about everything, but we expect a higher standard from legends like McEnroe (but he failed last year).
I just want to know which ESPN experts picked Djokovic so I can laugh at them for the next 12 months :yeah:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Someone please tell me ... did Mary Joe finally pick against Rafa for once? Seriously ...

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
She wasn't on last year's list of pickers.
I'm not sure how ESPN decide which of their employees are picking.
Is she an ESPN employee?
She has been quoted many times but not always. I guess whoever is not drunk this time of the year. Heck, nobody seems to be working in my city.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
"expert"

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I'm not sure who they are though.
We know the majority of people are wrong about everything, but we expect a higher standard from legends like McEnroe (but he failed last year).
I just want to know which ESPN experts picked Djokovic so I can laugh at them for the next 12 months :yeah:
I don't know why being a legend is supposed to make you good at predicting these things. It's clear MacEnroe doesn't really watch tennis anymore other than this job. Remember the time he said he never heard of Julien Benneteau when he was the #31 (maybe #32) seed at Wimbledon?

·
|
14,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know why being a legend is supposed to make you good at predicting these things. It's clear MacEnroe doesn't really watch tennis anymore other than this job. Remember the time he said he never heard of Julien Benneteau when he was the #31 (maybe #32) seed at Wimbledon?
No I don't remember the time.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Monfils, Sharapova
Floaters - Dimitrov, Caroline Garcia
Toughest road - Nadal, Serena

1 - 14 of 14 Posts