Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of showing the second semifinal of Nalbandian/Schuettler live, as promised, ESPN is playing Federer/Roddick on tape delay. Excuse me, but you just showed that match in its entirety earlier today! I was seriously looking forward to this baseline battle between two GS finalists, but now will never get to see the match. And the truth is, if Federer won today over Roddick, they wouldn't be showing a replay. :fiery:

Anyone know where I can complain to ESPN? An email, a link, something would be nice.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I feel for you. :mad:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Re: Re: ESPN s-u-x!

I really can't believe ESPN doing this! :smash: :smash: :smash: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It really is deplorable for ESPN2 to do this! :mad: It's just not fair to Nalbandian and Schuttler fans. Being in a TMS semifinal has to be a big deal for these 2 players and their fans. And for them to get disrespected like this is terrible! :(

Of course if Agassi had beaten Schuttler last night you can be sure ESPN2 would be showing the second men's semifinal live.

Leo, I think you should go to ESPN's website and find the contact information you need.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I think I know why they (ESPN) is doing this. They're thinking that a Roddick-Federer replay would bring in more ratings than a Schuettler-Nalbandian match. Which is probably true.

I was very much looking forward to the live tennis as promised though.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if thats true that a replay of Federer/Roddick would bring in more ratings. Either way, it is a dirty, class-less move by ESPN and I am furious. :fiery: You think that I would be getting used to this by now, but I'm not.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
It's not shocking that they would do this. Why are some of you in shock?! LOL

Anyway, I am pretty bummed--I won't see Naba--so I have to settle for live scores but he is inches from defeating Schuettler. I'll see him tomorrow in my dream final!!

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

Mrs_Guga said:
It's not shocking that they would do this. Why are some of you in shock?! LOL

Anyway, I am pretty bummed--I won't see Naba--so I have to settle for live scores but he is inches from defeating Schuettler. I'll see him tomorrow in my dream final!!

We are in shock because less than 6 hours ago, ESPN promised live match between Schuettler vs Nalbandian. I will not be in shock if they said last night the 2nd broadcast of the day will be a replay of Roddick/Federer match instead of live match.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nwan, if Nalbandian beats Roddick tomorrow then your dream final will turn into a nightmare! :eek: ;)

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

Tennis Fool said:
Do we have to have yet another thread on ESPN :rolleyes:
Since you are free to generate as many threads as you like in GM. I believe everyone else have the freedom to express their unhappiness on ESPN.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Get used to it people, Roddick just scored one of the biggest upsets of his career. It's going to be a Roddick weekend.

Anyway, I think DH is destined to win this tournament. He beat Nalbandian in the Qtrs. last year and lost in the finals to Canas who is now injured.

Great for DH to wrack up a Masters win. This bodes well for his hunt for the US Open title (and this will be great for American tennis if he wins that).

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ESPN s-u-x!

Lee, lol, it was a joke. But I am really not shocked; I will say I didn't see this coming. But now that it has happened, it's quite predictable. Haha. They've done this before, so, this is nature of ESPN.

Well, my fellow rare Nalbandian fans, he defeats Schuettler, and we'll see him tomorrow atleast. But I am sure more people aspired to see Schuettler, so sorry

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
the cat said:
Nwan, if Nalbandian beats Roddick tomorrow then your dream final will turn into a nightmare! :eek: ;)
I would prefer Roddick to win, but I always want the best for Nabs and if he won, trust me, I would be more than happy Scottov! He's one of my favorite players! How could it be a nightmare!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ESPN s-u-x!

Lee said:
Since you are free to generate as many threads as you like in GM. I believe everyone else have the freedom to express their unhappiness on ESPN.
Lee, are you applying for Groupie membership :confused:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: ESPN s-u-x!

Mrs_Guga said:
Lee, lol, it was a joke. But I am really not shocked; I will say I didn't see this coming. But now that it has happened, it's quite predictable. Haha. They've done this before, so, this is nature of ESPN.

Well, my fellow rare Nalbandian fans, he defeats Schuettler, and we'll see him tomorrow atleast. But I am sure more people aspired to see Schuettler, so sorry
Too bad for them! Go fatty Dave! Yah! Rah! *fist pump* iafldsjdf!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts