Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Analyst Brad Gilbert, that Metallica-influenced racket scientist, leads the stellar field with seven correct choices, just one ahead of broadcaster Cliff Drysdale -- who, remarkably, only participated in two of the three majors -- and ESPN.com reporter Ravi Ubha.

It's a five-way tie for fourth, with analysts Pam Shriver, Patrick McEnroe and Darren Cahill tied with ESPN.com reporter Greg Garber and tennis editor Matt Wilansky -- all with five correct choices.
Djokovic - 5 Experts
Federer - 2 Experts
Murray - 2 Experts
Nadal - 1 Expert

Gilbert is going with Andy Murray, what does that tell us? :)

Source

·
Registered
829 Posts
S.Williams lol:)
Few weeks ago I take 5.00 on Williams win..

I not agree with Soderling - Soda have more chances to good result than Mugro or Ferru

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Surprised no one chose Berdshit for an early exit. Ferrer wears players down, I don't see him being an early exit, he just needed to shake off some rust in Cincy.

Serena :haha::worship:

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Hardly an impressive panel when no MTF prophets are on it.

3,728 Posts
i'd have federer as a sleeper player

can't see him as a fave after his weak slam showings all year

he still has a chance

nole is odds on fave if he isn't injured

·
Registered
614 Posts
defending champ, GS winner and finalist gets 1 vote :p

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
so these are experts and 5 pick Andy Roddick as a sleeper and not Mardy Fish. I thought Fish would be a little hyped the way he's played in US Open series. But no Andy mf:ing Roddick is their man? Both Berdych and Tsonga are obvious picks over him. I'd say Roddick even feels like the 3rd of the americans in chances after both Fish and Isner the way he looked the past month.

Not surprised they pick Soderling as an early exit because they probably don't got the info about his injury nor saw him play in Bastad. He's looked good coming back after breaks before so he might do some serious damage.

Think they lack serious balls with no outside pick for winner. Top4 hasn't been impressive lately and USO will be an all out battle. Many players in the run and I wouldn't be surprised if the SF lineup has only 1/2 top4

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
andy roddick and christina mchale as sleepers? okay:lol:

i also have to laugh at the writer choosing dominika cibulkova as a sleeper, idiot

·
Registered
29,206 Posts
Roddick as a sleeper :rolls:

Patrick McEnroe's whole lineup apart from Williams :haha:

But it seems almost everyone thinks Robin will go out early. That's a great thing for him actually. :)

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Roddick a sleeper? If those 5 had picked Bogomolov as a sleeper it may seem less daring.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
so these are experts and 5 pick Andy Roddick as a sleeper and not Mardy Fish. I thought Fish would be a little hyped the way he's played in US Open series. But no Andy mf:ing Roddick is their man? Both Berdych and Tsonga are obvious picks over him. I'd say Roddick even feels like the 3rd of the americans in chances after both Fish and Isner the way he looked the past month.

Not surprised they pick Soderling as an early exit because they probably don't got the info about his injury nor saw him play in Bastad. He's looked good coming back after breaks before so he might do some serious damage.

Think they lack serious balls with no outside pick for winner. Top4 hasn't been impressive lately and USO will be an all out battle. Many players in the run and I wouldn't be surprised if the SF lineup has only 1/2 top4
Guys, guys. Read the rules of how they voted.
Editor's note: In selecting our picks, an "early exit" must be by a player currently seeded in the top 10, and a "sleeper" is someone outside the top 10.
But yeah, Tsonga is the real sleeper methinks.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Roddick is the worst sleeper pick ever. TSONGA is outside the top ten. Gasquet, Benneteau, Ferrero, Gulbis, Haase- all better picks

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
How is Roddick not a sleeper? He's in horrible form, his ranking is really low and he hasn't beaten a top 20 player, let alone top 10 all year....

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
He has a pretty decent draw up to QFs too!
He had a pretty decent draw at SW19 and USO last year and we all know what that happened there :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts