Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
lol Those three older broads never pick Djokovic in any slam, so no surprise here.

Anyway, its ridiculous that Novaks the favorite with these experts or even the bookies.

Funny thing is that this overcast/rainy whether would be great for Nole in a final vs Rafa, but I think its bad news for him against most anyone else, so I'm nervous for him vs the Cilic/Tsonga's etc... I think it was overcast like conditions here in his 5 seters vs Tsonga AND Seppi, perhaps the SF loss to Fed as well maybe, but not sure on that one?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I am the only one who doesn't care about this ESPN guys and their predictions?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am the only one who doesn't care about this ESPN guys and their predictions?
considering they have a massive amount of combined experience and actually have opinions that are respected and listened to by the tennis community (players, coaches, fans, etc. alike) I would think most people

their predictions obviously are something to take more serious than regular super fans on this site like you

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol Those three older broads never pick Djokovic in any slam, so no surprise here.

Anyway, its ridiculous that Novaks the favorite with these experts or even the bookies.

Funny thing is that this overcast/rainy whether would be great for Nole in a final vs Rafa, but I think its bad news for him against most anyone else, so I'm nervous for him vs the Cilic/Tsonga's etc... I think it was overcast like conditions here in his 5 seters vs Tsonga AND Seppi, perhaps the SF loss to Fed as well maybe, but not sure on that one?
I agree it is strange that Djokovic is such a favorite by the experts given last year. I mean something like that no matter what Novak says himself, will be hard to forget

the broads just go with the record holder and Gilbert switches flip flops picking Nadal at events

some of the dark horse predictions surprise me

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Mcenroe picking Johnson and Stephens as men's and women's sleepers NIFD :spit:

And that "expert" picking Federer as the toughest road :facepalm:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mcenroe picking Johnson and Stephens as men's and women's sleepers NIFD :spit:

And that "expert" picking Federer as the toughest road :facepalm:
also Dolgopolov as a realistic sleeper seems kind of crazy :spit:

they're probably right about toughest road, Murray's isn't pretty

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I preferred the "early exit" as opposed to "toughest road".

also what do they mean by darkhorse? to win it? To pull upsets? They should define it as like outside the top 20 or a non seeded player.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts