Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While Srdjan’s local article was shared in such great depth here, I am shocked this one hasn’t. Considering it actually made its way around the world and was made by a well known person on ESPN. For me this is yet another prime example of mind boggling hatred and resentment for Djokovic.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
2 Americans talking about a sport they have no clue about just so their show can live up to some label sports show which covers everything

·
justice for all
16,847 Posts
So did you set up this pointless thread to cover up Srdjan’s disgraceful interview?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Obvious trolling for clicks/views lol. But it does also continue to spread this insidious propaganda among casual sports fans in the US. Of course suddenly Wimbledon and US Open are worth the most, of which Federer has the greatest combined total out of the Big 3. Meanwhile Nadal and Djokovic's best slams get degraded. It's like they want to even prevent there being any discussion of who might end up the greatest other than Federer.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did you set up this pointless thread to cover up Srdjan’s disgraceful interview?
This is an Emmy award winning show that is well known in North America. And is yet another example of how far Federer fans will go to spin the truth. Your silence is obvious support to the claims.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
"As a tennis player yourself, you know the most important majors are Wimbledon and the US Open."
“Wimbledon’s the big one!” countered Kornheiser.
“I thought the US Open was the big one? That’s what I think,” replied Wilbon, before saving himself somewhat.

amazing scenes

·
justice for all
16,847 Posts
This is an Emmy award winning show that is well known in North America. And is yet another example of how far Federer fans will go to spin the truth. Your silence is obvious support to the claims.
I don’t support those claims. They are ridiculous. But why should I care what some idiots say in an American show for other idiots? But Srdjan’s case is different - because he is a person from the player’s camp/family. So his words have much more impact/ importance. At least in my book.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t support those claims. They are ridiculous. But why should I care what some idiots say in an American show for other idiots? But Srdjan’s case is different - because he is a person from the player’s camp/family. So his words have much more impact/ importance. At least in my book.
Srdjan already has a topic, not sure why you feel he needs 2? Irrelevant what you are talking about. And when it comes to sports an opinion of an ESPN commentator that has covered it all in the last 30 years, is certainly more noteworthy than that of someone’s parent.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Funny thing is that I think a pretty strong argument could actually be made for the AO being the hardest to win.

The main reasons being that it happens at the beginning of the season when players tend to be healthy and at their most fresh physically.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
PTI is a good show but yeah those guys can be off when they start discussing football (soccer) and tennis.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nobody knowledgeable respects these guys talking about ANY sport, much less one not-very-popular in the US.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
He's not far wrong about the fact that there are no great young players. Every era has had great players at 20 or 21. Stefanos Tsitsipas seems to be the closest one.

These top 3 players are beatable at the slams, especially if some great young players came along. They have lost to much lesser than "great" players, but not very often.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Srdjan already has a topic, not sure why you feel he needs 2? Irrelevant what you are talking about. And when it comes to sports an opinion of an ESPN commentator that has covered it all in the last 30 years, is certainly more noteworthy than that of someone’s parent.
LoL no.

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
Great show ... use to watch it a lot while I was living in US

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe we can simply the GOAT debate like this

Prime Federer beats prime Djokovic and prime Nadal on Grass most times.
Prime Nadal beats prime Federer and prime Djokovic on clay most times
Prime Djokovic beats prime Federer and prime Nadal on Hard courts most time

Head to head's and slam counts are skewered by primes not overlapping for the whole of their careers, injuries, comebacks from injuries, personal problems, older age etc.

Their general levels are so unbelievably close we are always going to split hairs and then argue over which split hair looks better lol, there's no conclusive answer to something wholly subjective imo.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts