Mens Tennis Forums banner

Are you male or female, and to what extent did you learn to control the direction?

• Male: I couldn't control the direction of spinning AT ALL

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Male: I learnt to control the spinning ATLEAST A BIT

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Male: I learnt to control the spinning, with a high success rate.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Female:I couldn't control the direction of spinning AT ALL

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Female: I learnt to control the spinning ATLEAST A BIT

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Female: I learnt to control the spinning, with a high success rate.

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you see? Is she moving clockwise, anti-clockwise, or maybe 18 degrees in one direction and 180 in the other?

It's hard to believe, but this lady can rotate in any direction you want her to rotate, you just need to practice a bit.

After about 1.5 minutes, i learnt to change the direction of her pivoting almost whenever i wanted to. Of course, she seemed to get 'stuck' and rotated only in one direction again, or worse: back and forth.
Some for some of my friends she never switched the direction of rotation at all, no matter how much they stared at it...

The hints that i gathered about this are something like this: try to de-focus your vision, or maybe close the upper part of her body with something and look only at her shadow and lower parts of the legs. Sometimes it helps looking only at the face, although i imagine it'll be very hard for beginers to 'control the lady' this way.

Now my request to ya'll...
i'm intending to make an amateur psychology study out of this ( maybe a very false one :eek: ), checking male and female 'projection' skills... Don't mean to descriminate but psychology does state that men and women do have different skills in this area.
So i'm making a poll, with a simple question: Are you male or female, and at what 'stage' did you leave this page? :p "was she uncontrollably in the same direction/manner?", "did you learn to control her at least a bit?", "did you become moderately successful in your attempts to spin her in a different direction?".

Please take the poll only when you are intending to move on to the other sections of the forum and close this page... Your selection is NOT visible to public.

Oh, and if you can, in your posts, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity, please tell us in which direction was she initially spinning? :lol:

Edit: typo in the poll. When i typed "not control" in the second option of each gender, i meant "to control"

GIF taken from the livejournal of "dobrokhotov": http://dobrokhotov.livejournal.com/

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
It took me about 45 seconds, but I figured out if I focused on her feet I could make her go either way. Pretty damned cool, Vass. Its a little addicting, actually.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
cool :lol:

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Nice one. I managed to control the direction by focusing on her hips. I looked at the outer hip rotating and once I thought of it as the left hip it rotated in one direction then I convinced myself I was looking at the right hip it immediately switched.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I focused on her legs and after a while I was able to make her change direction easily. Cool stuff. :yeah:

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
i hada LOT of trouble to see her clockwise

i had to stay like a min or so..focusing on her foot..and then..force my perception to try to see it clocksie..

and..it actually worked..but.. after watching her feet and her moving clockwise suddently something felt not right on her foot again and it went anti-clockwise :p

i seem to have trouble with it..but for a couples of seconds i had it

·
Registered
527 Posts
I found that she was spinning clockwise first. It took maybe 30 seconds before she changed direction. I found that it did not matter where I focussed on the image, I had to watch it for a minimum of about 5 seconds - then I found if I fractionally looked away, the image changed direction immediatly in my peripheral vision, but kept going when I refocussed. 5 seconds seems to be the minimum - less than that and it didn't change. The optimum seemed to be between 6-8 seconds - then only a very slight change in my focus would change the direction immediatly.

·
Bite me.....
62,990 Posts
:lol:

she started clockwise for me. I just focussed on the shadow and making the shadow turn in my mind, made her turn the other way as well :rolls:

I can even make her change direction within one turn.........freaky!

(oh Vass, I edited your typos in the poll ;))

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Try staring at her legs but de-focus at the same time. After a while you should be able to change directions easily.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts