Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The entry lists and fact sheets posted in the tournament section used to be more informative. It would be nice to know the balls they are using at the different tournaments.

·
2,907 Posts
OK fine....

I used to do that, I gave out a lot of information. See here: https://www.menstennisforums.com/6224-brisbane-international/932748-brisbane-entry-list-fact-sheet.html#post39942768

What did I give you?

- Entry Lists as soon as they were published;
- Factsheets detailing venue, dates (noting anything unusual such as saturday finals), balls, draw compositions, deadlines, draw times, umpires, etc.;
- Updating Entry Lists as soon as a player withdrew, including reason and date of withdrawal;
- Wild Card nominations before being publicly released;
- Cross referencing where alternates were playing (Qualifying, Challengers, etc).

Not only that, but for the majority of last year when Jacques_Ukraine took a break from twitter, I prepared Entry Lists to be posted in the Challenger section.

All useful information? Yes, I thought so. But no one took any notice to it! Despite me posting and updating these threads, we got posts asking for times or whether some was in or out, or others posting tweets with stuff that was already there. So, heres a question:

Why should I spend my time (and it was a lot of time) updating posts that just got ignored?

Answer: I shouldn't. So I don't.

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
The challenger threads used to be much better years ago, but I remember mods didn't like the activity and made sure we can't post about inplay matches anymore.

·
A happy person
44,888 Posts
I just dont understand, why its impossible to know where to check those infos? I spend so many time for searching EL for doubles and i have to wait until the draw so often.. while i know few years ago a moderator always posted in tournament section, so somewhere its available, no idea where..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts