Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
959 Posts
WC

5 players for 2 WC:
Bjorkman (Swe)
Kunitsyn (Rus)
Gabashvili (Rus)
Enqvist (Swe)
Philippoussis (Aus)

3rd WC will go to the winner of local tournament.
 

·
Vamos Mandy :)
Joined
·
85,829 Posts
I'd say Kunitsyn deserves a WC based on his prior play in Russia. Gabashvili too. They should go to the up-and-coming Russians, IMO.

little update to the entry list

St.Petersburg (Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Montanes, Muller, Safin (and Hernych, Sabau, N.Lapentti, Seppi, Santoro, Behrend, Schuettler, Gimelstob, Phau from ALT)
IN: Karlovic, Kohlschreiber, Dlouhy, Garcia-Lopez, Burgsmuller
NEXT: A.Popp, Bracciali, Bjorkman, Arthurs, Ascione, Wang, Almagro, Moodie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,432 Posts
i think igor no2 and teimuraz deserves the wc for their excelent play in moscow;)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,432 Posts
i've forgot he is automatically qualified:eek:!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Montanes, Muller, Safin (and Hernych, Sabau, N.Lapentti, Seppi, Karlovic, Santoro, Behrend, Schuettler, Gimelstob, Phau from ALT)
IN: Kohlschreiber, Dlouhy, Garcia-Lopez, Burgsmuller, A.Popp
NEXT: Bracciali, Bjorkman, Arthurs, Ascione, Wang, Almagro, Moodie, Costa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,432 Posts
GGL:yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
Safin is going to SPb as a guest. For sitting on the tribune, visiting clubs etc. The info is from Russian press so it's not 100% official. (And Marat won't play in Paris, that's 99% sure).

First WC gets the winner of the tournament of the best players of SPb Vadim Davletshin (619 ATP). Another card is for Kunitsyn or Gabashvili and the third one is for Philippoussis, Enquist or Björkman (seems for the Australian player).

And that's very sad that Karlovic and Santoro are out from the list...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
Final entry list (from the official site):

1. Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 8
2. Johansson, Thomas SWE 15
3. Mirnyi, Max BLR 25
4. Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 29
5. Kiefer, Nicolas GER 30
6. Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 32
7. Rusedski, Greg GBR 38
8. Verdasco, Fernando ESP 39
9. Beck, Karol SVK 45
10. Pavel, Andrei ROM 48
11. Melzer, Jurgen AUT 51
12. Serra, Florent FRA 53
13. Carlsen, Kenneth DEN 66
14. Saulnier, Cyril FRA 68
15. Minar, Ivo CZE 72
16. Vik, Robin CZE 79
17. Goldstein, Paul USA 83
18. Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 88
19. Kim, Kevin USA 90
20. Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 91
21. Monaco, Juan ARG 92
22. Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 93
23. Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 94
24. Burgsmuller, Lars GER 128
25. Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 133 WC
26. Philippoussis, Mark AUS 176 WC
27. Popp, Alexander GER 242
28. Davletshin, Vadim RUS 619 WC
29. Q
30. Q
31. Q
32. Q

With the current rankings I see...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
Rosie said:
Does anyone know when the main draw will be out?
The sortition is on Saturday October 22nd at 14.00 of local time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
You are welcome.
:wavey:
Folk, feel free to ask me your questions, give any desires and suggestions. I'm going to spend around courts all my free time during this week. Although have nothing special to do there without my favorites - so I'll be happy to be usefull for somebody.
 

·
Occasional Visitor
Joined
·
52,208 Posts
Hangdog said:
You are welcome.
:wavey:
Folk, feel free to ask me your questions, give any desires and suggestions. I'm going to spend around courts all my free time during this week. Although have nothing special to do there without my favorites - so I'll be happy to be usefull for somebody.
If you are going to be wandering round the courts with a camera,- then any photos of Juan Monaco in practice or during matches would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
Rosie said:
If you are going to be wandering round the courts with a camera,- then any photos of Juan Monaco in practice or during matches would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!
*Juan Monaco... writing down* lol
Okej, will be done if it's possible. I've even visited just now the photo gallery of your player so I'm sure now how does he look like. But anyway I can't promise you high-qualited pictures because there are always bad light conditions indoors. Well, at least I can wish him "buena suerte", I even know several Spanish words =).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,432 Posts
hangdog...marat will be there as guest,no?can u take him some pics?and misha playing with his injury:eek:..i thought they(misha,marat&kholya) will join igor in the hospital:lol:..
 

·
Occasional Visitor
Joined
·
52,208 Posts
Hangdog said:
*Juan Monaco... writing down* lol
Okej, will be done if it's possible. I've even visited just now the photo gallery of your player so I'm sure now how does he look like. But anyway I can't promise you high-qualited pictures because there are always bad light conditions indoors. Well, at least I can wish him "buena suerte", I even know several Spanish words =).
Thank you - or should I say muchas gracias - or even spaseba! And just so you get the right person - here is a picture of my very cute Juanito!!! Oh - I know someone who would be very grateful for pics of Thomas Johansson too!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,432 Posts
:yeah:iza...nando is seeded8,no?
 
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Top