Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Interesting...

none of this is official yet, so I'll wait to edit the list in the first post til it is.

Could come out being a very strong tourney, that's for sure.

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
silverwhite said:
Just a warning. Gasquet is injured and may pull out depending on how fast he recovers.
He has pulled out

Injury Update

Richard has withdrawn from Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven next week due to an injury to his right elbow. He struggled with this injury in his match against Ancic in Cincinnati.

Richard's next tournament is scheduled to be the US Open at Flushing Meadows

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
El Aynaoui's out? This must be where he's pulling out so as not to go one over on his Protected Ranking event entries.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
smucav said:
That's exactly what I was thinking (I speculated when the U.S. Open entry list came out that he would withdraw from either Montreal, Cincinnati, or New Haven).

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2067800&postcount=13
Yeah, it makes sense to withdraw from New Haven rather than either of the masters series events with more points on offer there. Plus he gets the week's rest ahead of the Open.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Go Tommy Feli, Nico, Chela < Lucho and Stan and Ferrer :kiss: :clap2: :D

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
AndyMurray said:
Any news on Henman's wildcard?
His official website claims he picked up a stomach problem midway through his loss to Chela, so I doubt he'll be entering the Pilot Pen but rather resting and not risking that getting badly injured just before the US Open:

"The situation isn't ideal as I'd obviously have preferred to not have this kind of distraction with the US Open not too far away, but it's something that I've just got to deal with the best I can.

"I handled the situation pretty well last year, when my back was bad, so hopefully I can do the same again this year."

·
Registered
264 Posts
Henman has officially pulled out according to the BBC site.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
According to Tennis Week, Safin is playing so I put him in as a WC since that'd be the only way he could get in at this point. :)

How could Henman have pulled if he was never even in the tourney to begin with? he must've just turned down the wildcard. I wonder if that was a bright move on his part, he's barely played this summer.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Debstah said:
According to Tennis Week, Safin is playing so I put him in as a WC since that'd be the only way he could get in at this point. :)

How could Henman have pulled if he was never even in the tourney to begin with? he must've just turned down the wildcard. I wonder if that was a bright move on his part, he's barely played this summer.
According to the Press here in England, Tim did want to accept the Wild Card, but on his website http://www.timhenman.org/ it says he damaged a stomach muscle during his match with Chela in Cinci, so I guess he has been advised to rest for a week to get 100% for the US Open. It's a shame - as you say, he hasn't played so much this Summer and he does need the match practice

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
ooo, wildcards are opening up. Wonder who will get them now?

( :secret: give one to Justin...)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts