Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Does anybody know why Thomas Johansson has pulled out? He was in the entry list for Indy, LA and Washington but he pulled out of all of them. I am just wondering why.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
(Two SE spots to be cleared)
OUT: Baghdatis, Gasquet, J.Johansson, T.Johansson, H-T.Lee, Wessels (and Tabara, Ulihrach, Gimelstob, Ryderstedt from ALT)
IN: Goldstein, Blake, Phau, Sabau, Morrison, Carraz
NEXT: G.Lapentti, Saretta, Vik, Clement, Falla, Moodie, Enqvist, Simon, Mahut, Ramirez-Hidalgo

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
:fiery: Marcos pulled out, too? Meanwhile, my three least favorite players are all going to be there.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
This looked like a decent tournament until everyone started withdrawing. what's with the US Hardcourt swing this year anyway?

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
bavaria100 said:
Does anybody know why Thomas Johansson has pulled out? He was in the entry list for Indy, LA and Washington but he pulled out of all of them. I am just wondering why.
During Indianapolis there was a news briefing on TTC where he said that he had treatment for some minor injury (I didn't hear what it was) & that he had to see the doctor again in two weeks so there was no point in coming to the U.S. & then going back to Sweden in two weeks (then back to Montreal).

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Golfnduck said:
I really hope Roddick doesn't pull out. He really really needs these points.
It is very unlikely he would pull out....his agency, SFX, runs the tournament.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
njnetswill said:
This looked like a decent tournament until everyone started withdrawing.
As long as Roddick, Agassi, Blake, & Srichaphan show up, the organizers & the sponsors will be happy. :)
Golfnduck said:
I really hope Roddick doesn't pull out.
Andy has played Washington every single year since 2000 (except for 2004 when it was held concurrently with the Olympics) & it was site of his first successful run at a pro tournament (reaching the QFs in 2000 as a 17 year-old wild card); he also won his first ever hard court title in Washington in 2001. (He's also played doubles there three out of four years including once with his brother John.) Not only does SFX own the tournament, but it's also headquartered in DC & its founder (& current vice president of its parent company Clear Channel) is the tournament chairman.

Agassi (also with SFX) is very loyal to Washington, playing 16 out of the last 18 years (including the last 15 straight) which I believe is only surpassed by his 19 straight U.S. Open appearances. Most of the other current SFX players (including Massu, Srichaphan, the Bryans) show up every year too.

Washington also worked out a pretty good deal with the ATP in 2003. In exchange for taking the worst week of the summer hardcourt season in 2004 (the same week as the Olympics), the ATP guaranteed them the best date on the summer calendar (the week before Canada/Cincinnati) for the next few years.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
hmmmmmm Taylor Dent is not on the entry list (or am I blind?) I heard him say today that his next tourney is Washington DC. Maybe he asked for a WC after having to pull out of LA :scratch: or maybe he's just on crack.

Yay James for getting in directly :D

Why did Gasquet pull out :sad: And why HASN'T Mardy pulled out yet :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
(Two SE spots cleared)
OUT: Baghdatis, Gasquet, J.Johansson, T.Johansson, H-T.Lee, Schalken, Wessels (and Sabau, Tabara, Saretta, Vik, Ulihrach, Gimelstob, Simon, Ryderstedt, Dlouhy, Brzezicki, from ALT)
IN: Goldstein, Blake, Phau, Morrison, Carraz, G.Lapentti, Clement, Falla, Moodie
NEXT: Enqvist, Mahut, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Delic, Bastl, vanScheppingen, Luczak, Tursunov

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Any chance of Enky showing up here? Only one more guy needs to withdraw.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
I'm sure that Massu will not play here :p

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
(Two SE spots cleared)
OUT: Baghdatis, Gasquet, J.Johansson, T.Johansson, H-T.Lee, Saulnier, Schalken, Wessels (and Sabau, Tabara, Saretta, Vik, Ulihrach, Gimelstob, Enqvist, Simon, Ryderstedt, Dlouhy, Brzezicki, from ALT)
IN: Goldstein, Blake, Phau, Morrison, Carraz, G.Lapentti, Clement, Falla, Moodie, Mahut
NEXT: Ramirez-Hidalgo, Delic, Bastl, vanScheppingen, Luczak, Tursunov, Lu, Okun

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
I can see Becca's crush :eek:
You better take some pictures for her, she will worship you and sleep with them under her pillow every night ;) :p

21 - 40 of 48 Posts