81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Sjeng :scratch: why??

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
God this is odd...before Monfils got in by direct acceptance there were 2 WC left. 1 was given to Josh Goodall and the other was to be given to the winner of a play-off between Parmar, Bogdanovic, Delgado and Hilton.

I'm happy with the fact that the LTA are looking to the future (Goodall is only 20?) but why on earth did they not consider Johnny Marray for the WC or PO? He isn't that old and his game is PERFECT for grass. :mad:

Now, with Monfils's WC being given up, hopefully it will go to Johnny - he deserves it. However, I guess it wll probably be given to the runner-up of the PO.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Results of the PO SF: -

Arvind Parmar def Alex Bogdanovic
Jamie Delgado def Mark Hilton :yeah:

Hopefully Jamie will win the WC tomorrow and hopefully Johnny will be awarded the other one!!! :lol:

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
alex..:rolleyes:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
It looks like the organizers were still trying to give Agassi a wild card up to the last minute:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-1640279,00.html
The Stella Artois organisers were desperately hoping he would come back for a final time, but in a conversation on Thursday, Agassi said that he could not make the trip and was — it is believed — noncommittal about his Wimbledon prospects.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
My reasons for not giving Flanagan a WC to the main draw have now been justified :p

From serving for the opening set at 5/3, he barely won another game. Enough said. :smash:

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
81 - 94 of 94 Posts