41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
YAY ANDY!!!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Oh gawd! Stop giving out wildcards to gael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey you guys,
what's with gaston gaudio, i can't see his name on webber's yournament and he's not in stella artoi's.
does anyone know anything about him?

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
ketibeti said:
hey you guys,
what's with gaston gaudio, i can't see his name on webber's yournament and he's not in stella artoi's.
does anyone know anything about him?
Like I said in the other thread, - Gaston doesn't really play the grass court season - he will take some time off and prepare for the European clay court season where he can get more points.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
6/2/05 update

(Two SE spots CLEARED)
OUT: Fish, Calleri, Spadea (and Saretta from ALT)
IN: Draper, Sluiter, Vliegen, Bjorkman, Behrend
NEXT: Phau, Monfils, Enqvist, Minar, Morrison, Dupuis, Ulihrach, Gimelstob

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS JONAS!!! :D

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Geez, the rate the players are withdrawing, with luck Monfils won't need the sodding WC :devil:

Give it to Delgado, the sole Brit winner in Surbiton!!!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
is it just me who really doesn't rate monfils and is fed up of him getting wild cards everywhere! and why do we always give other countries players whild cards when no other country does it for us :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Also, I like the way that Murray gets these WC. Barcelona - given one shortly after injury problems so he is not fully ready to compete against the best players. Queen's - given one when he will have at best 2 days to practice on grass, his WORST surface.

I don't get the logic. Why not give the guy a WC when he stands a chance of winning a match!!! Some other Brit should have got his Queen's WC and instead Andy should get one for Nottingham. I very much doubt he will get both grass events...if he does then I will shut up! :p

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
they SHOULD give the other 2 to ian and jamie but i bet they don't!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
jez said:
Also, I like the way that Murray gets these WC. Barcelona - given one shortly after injury problems so he is not fully ready to compete against the best players. Queen's - given one when he will have at best 2 days to practice on grass, his WORST surface.

I don't get the logic. Why not give the guy a WC when he stands a chance of winning a match!!! Some other Brit should have got his Queen's WC and instead Andy should get one for Nottingham. I very much doubt he will get both grass events...if he does then I will shut up! :p

althought it's not his fave surface it's not exactly like he's crap on it!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Éowyn said:
is it just me who really doesn't rate monfils and is fed up of him getting wild cards everywhere! and why do we always give other countries players whild cards when no other country does it for us :mad:
Man you are reading my mind!! :yeah:

1. Monfils has at least made use of his WC in winning a round or two but really he should get by on his own now. He is in the top 100 for goodness sakes - if he can't get in by direct acceptance then he should qualify. There are plenty of other events later on this year where the cut off is far lower than his ranking. Our Brits need them for our events...likewise for other countrys' events.

2. I agree. We don't get WC in return. Why do we bend over backwards for others? I'm surprised Felgate, in all his dominance at the LTA, hasn't either stopped this farcical procedure altogether or rung up a few other tourneys and negotiated one of our players to get a WC there.

...and for the record, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS GET A WC for Wimbledon this year. I respect the fact that he has been a finalist but he has been in sh*t form since then when he wasn't carrying an injury, and he still obviously has injury problems now. It will be a waste and....what does the Aussie Tennis Federation do for us? Jack Sh*t. :mad:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
What about James Blake? His mom is British :p

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
One of them should definitely go to Jamie - he has done well the last 12 months, was the only Brit winner in Surbiton and actually caused a huge upset there last year (def. Dent). If that doesn't justify a WC I don't know what does.

The other should go to Johnny Marray. The last 12 months have been a wake-up call for him (I think he got complacent after last year's grass court season) and he has done well recently. I was impressed with his Nottingham challenger run. He has a great game for grass and, like Delgado, was hugely impressive at Queen's last year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch his match against Hewitt last year but I heard huge praise from everyone, and taking Hewitt to 2 tiebreaks ain't bad!! :lol:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
debs you know i would be more than happy to give a wild card to james :) it just gets stupid that every other country seems to have the sense to realise this is how you give your juniors a chance except for us who seem to think he we have some juniors and we can have someones else juniors lets give it to the other countries juniors and anyone else random!

i appreciate why mark has one but at the same time chances are he's going to pull out injured in the first round anyway which is a waste and if it's at the expense of our guys :rolleyes:

Reactions: Deboogle!.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
jez said:
One of them should definitely go to Jamie - he has done well the last 12 months, was the only Brit winner in Surbiton and actually caused a huge upset there last year (def. Dent). If that doesn't justify a WC I don't know what does.

The other should go to Johnny Marray. The last 12 months have been a wake-up call for him (I think he got complacent after last year's grass court season) and he has done well recently. I was impressed with his Nottingham challenger run. He has a great game for grass and, like Delgado, was hugely impressive at Queen's last year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch his match against Hewitt last year but I heard huge praise from everyone, and taking Hewitt to 2 tiebreaks ain't bad!! :lol:
we'll have to wait and see i guess! my qualifying day is loking like fun is there anyone actually left in the qualifiers lmao

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Debstah said:
What about James Blake? His mom is British :p
Hmmmm...good one! :lol: But James is American on his passport so sorry...no can do! :p James is quite capable of qualifying...just tell him to watch out for the giant-killing Ian Flanagan! :lol:

Besides, what has the USTA done for us Debs? Give Andy Murray a WC into the Cincinnati main draw and we'll give James a WC to Queen's next year if he so needs it...(and I hope he is back at the top by then) ;)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Only if they give James a WC into Wimbledon, then Andy can have a WC into the USO :p

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Debstah said:
Only if they give James a WC into Wimbledon, then Andy can have a WC into the USO :p
Geez I thought you might see through it! :haha:

Hmmm...a done deal..but I'm not the one you should be talking to!! See, this is how easy it can be! Next time I see Felgate, I'm gonna ask for his job! :lol:

We all emerge winners... :yeah:

41 - 60 of 94 Posts