Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
joeb_uk said:
:D No withdrawals yet smuc?
Nope. Except for severely injured players like Verkerk who withdraw from a month's worth of tournaments at a time, most of the withdrawals come in the last week before the tournament.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
ae wowww said:
I never realised Andrew was Ian's coach! That's well interesting actually, cheers..
did you not? i thought everyone knew that!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Good luck Janko!:cool:

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
trulliscorpion said:
I'm really curious to see what is Puerta able to do on grass.
Puerta on anything that is not clay was a completely lost case in the past. I don't believe that he is going to play here until I see his name on the OOP.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I'm surprised that Hewitt's on the list (at least there's no word of him pulling out); I would have thought he wouldn't want to risk worsening that rib injury before Wimby... Speaking strictly as a Hewitt hater (and Roddick fan), I think that's wonderful! :angel:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
guida said:
I'm surprised that Hewitt's on the list (at least there's no word of him pulling out); I would have thought he wouldn't want to risk worsening that rib injury before Wimby... Speaking strictly as a Hewitt hater (and Roddick fan), I think that's wonderful! :angel:
He'll try to play. He's the type of player who plays better with matches in him. I'm sure he won't pull out til the very last minute if it's at all possible that he might be able to play. Depending on how bad the original injury was, he might be fit enough to play queens by the time it starts.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
guida said:
I'm surprised that Hewitt's on the list (at least there's no word of him pulling out); I would have thought he wouldn't want to risk worsening that rib injury before Wimby...
Aussie tennis players prepare for action
Laid low over the past month with a cracked rib that forced him out of the French Open, Hewitt will return to action at the Stella Artois Championships starting at Queen's next Monday.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Thanks for the article, smucav! :)
Well, guess I'll just have to endure his presence... :rolleyes: ;)

Can't wait for the Wimby seedings to be announced. And I'm happy that Philippoussis won that wild card; I would like to see him get back to his old self. :D

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
5/31/05 update

(Two SE spots CLEARED)
OUT: None from Main draw (and Saretta from ALT)
IN: Draper, Sluiter
NEXT: Vliegen, Bjorkman, Behrend, Phau, Monfils, Enqvist, Minar, Morrison

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
is flip still gonna play? what with his injury and all?

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
6/1/05 update

(Two SE spots CLEARED)
OUT: Fish (and Saretta from ALT)
IN: Draper, Sluiter, Vliegen
NEXT: Bjorkman, Behrend, Phau, Monfils, Enqvist, Minar, Morrison, Dupuis

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
where are you getting this from btw?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Why is Fish out??? Say hello to the challenger circuit Fishy boy :smash:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
presumably his wrist jen! but it annoys me coz he shouldn't have played RG he stood far more chance on grass!

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Mardy nooooooooooooo :sobbing:

(on the bright side....someone else pull out PLEASE i want Jonas in ;))

21 - 40 of 94 Posts