Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Re: Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated 10/12/07)

Does anyone know why Roddick is out? I checked the ATP website a few days ago and it said Madrid was his next tournament.
he conveniently has 2 charity events scheduled this weekend...he also played two exhibition matches this week so I'm sure the foot isn't too much of a problem...he's just very unfocused

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Roddick appeared just fine on Tuesday night when I saw him in Baltimore. :shrug:
That's what I ment by "Offical reason". I read on his website about a gala for his charity foundation that will take place today in his hometown. I assume he didn't start planing this two days ago so did he ever plan to play in Madrid? Anyway... he has a right for a private life and if he doesn't want to play Madrid that is ok. And do we know how serious this injury is? Maybe the ankle is ok for a charity match but not ok for daily practice or a match against Federer. :confused:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts

That's what I ment by "Offical reason". I read on his website about a gala for his charity foundation that will take place today in his hometown. I assume he didn't start planing this two days ago so did he ever plan to play in Madrid? Anyway... he has a right for a private life and if he doesn't want to play Madrid that is ok. And do we know how serious this injury is? Maybe the ankle is ok for a charity match but not ok for daily practice or a match against Federer. :confused:
The Americans know more than me on this one, but I think his priority for the rest of the year is Davis Cup, with all other commitments being secondary. If he does have a niggling injury, he is probably not wanting to risk it...and it isn't as if his Shanghai place will be in jeopardy at the end of next week.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

Yeah, he was wearing ankle braces on both ankles, but moved just fine to me. It might be something minor. I think he had these charity things already scheduled, but it's his life, he can do that if he wants to.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts