Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Re: Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated 9/27/07)

Roddick is not playing? :mad:

·
Banned
42,099 Posts

I know I should. But to be honest, there's tons of players I prefer to see than Japanese.:p
you have quite a few chances to see national players here but this is only chance to see class players in japan.
Well, it's a great tournament and it's a chance for the Japanese players to face some top class competition. Suzuki could have gone much further last year if he hadn't played Federer, for instance. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
OUT: Roddick, Youzhny, Safin, Ancic, Acasuso, Hartfield, Berlocq, Zabaleta, Srichaphan (and Mantilla, Bogdanovic, Ventura, Cuevas, Zib, Montcourt, Ulihrach, Waske, Troicki, from ALT)
IN: Cilic, Vanek, Pashanski, Sela, Capdeville, Moodie, Kubot, Fleishman, Schuettler

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Re: Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated 9/21/07)

Would someone please explain how this can happen :confused: :confused: :confused:
The 2007 ATP® Official Rulebook

page 10
H. Evaluation of Player Fields
The Designation Committee has the authority prior to the singles main draw to adjust a Contract Tournament's player field by providing a Commitment Player of promotional value in addition to or in place of any originally committed player(s). The Designation Committee will make all decisions concerning the allocation of funds to players agreeing to play in additional selected tournaments.
page 60
6) Emergency situations.
a) The President may authorize substitutions in ATP Tournaments in situations when there are withdrawal(s) of player(s) who would have been seeded based upon their position on the original acceptance list. The withdrawal and substitution must occur within the period beginning on the Monday prior to the start of the event week and ending at 12 Noon, Eastern Time, USA, on the Friday before the event week. The substitute(s) ranking, as of the entry deadline, must be within the original cut-off for the main draw. If no substitution is made within this defined time period, then the next player on the acceptance list shall be moved into the main draw.
b) The Tournament shall pay prize money equal to that paid first-round losers to each player who would have been a Direct Acceptance if not for the late substitution. This payment shall not apply in the case where the player gained entry into a main draw singles, at any event, by other means.
This rule is similar to the WTA rule regarding gold- & silver-exempt players. Recently the ATP applied this rule in Beijing 2006 and Bangkok 2007 (both regarding withdrawals by Nadal).

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated 9/28/07)

Hmm, maybe Blake IS showing up and just forgot he was playing? :lol:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Hmm, maybe Blake IS showing up and just forgot he was playing? :lol:
Don't know. Oddly enough, the entry list seems to have disappeared... I wonder if anyone got a good look at it before it was taken down.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

So what will happen is at least two top seeded players in the entry list (Federer, Blake?) will be substituted with new seeded players that did not originally sign up for the tournament (Ferrer, Gasquet, Haas?) following a special exemption rule in the ATP rulebook.

·
Registered
160 Posts

I know I should. But to be honest, there's tons of players I prefer to see than Japanese.:p you have quite a few chances to see national players here but this is only chance to see class players in japan.
Why do you think Japanese tennis is so dismal? Had the public shown interest, the JTA might've invested more in developing its crop.

That's part of the problem with Japanese tennis. A lot of fans don't appreciate their own players, who don't get much support outside Japan anyway.

I could just imagine in a Davis Cup match between, say, Switzerland and Japan, Japanese fans would probably be supporting Federer :help:

·
Registered
160 Posts

Well, it's a great tournament and it's a chance for the Japanese players to face some top class competition. Suzuki could have gone much further last year if he hadn't played Federer, for instance. ;)
Doubt it :p Japanese players are notoriously inconsistent. Suzuki would've probably tanked 1 and 0 against the next opponent.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

I could just imagine in a Davis Cup match between, say, Switzerland and Japan, Japanese fans would probably be supporting Federer :help:
If this is true, :worship: to Japanese fans: the final proof of grasping the game independently from the nationality of the player.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

Why do you think Japanese tennis is so dismal? Had the public shown interest......
Are you f*cking serious?!?!? REALLY!?!? Tickets were sold out for the finals weekend a month before the tournament began. I couldn't even get nosebleed seats :eek: And as for supporting Japanese players...well...to be frank....they suck hun :angel: ;)

OUT: ...Roddick:eek: ...Safin:eek: ...Srichapan:eek: ...Youzhny:crying2:...Zib:hysteric:...Federer:eek::eek::sad:
IN: Sela:drool:
WTF happened to the draw!!! :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad: :eek:

So what will happen is at least two top seeded players in the entry list (Federer, Blake?) will be substituted with new seeded players that did not originally sign up for the tournament (Ferrer, Gasquet, Haas?) following a special exemption rule in the ATP rulebook.
Richard please :HAWT::drool::angel:

·
Registered
160 Posts

Are you f*cking serious?!?!? REALLY!?!? Tickets were sold out for the finals weekend a month before the tournament began. I couldn't even get nosebleed seats :eek: And as for supporting Japanese players...well...to be frank....they suck hun :angel: ;)
I think you misunderstood what I wrote there - I meant the public taking interest in Japanese tennis, not just tennis overall ;)

And yeah, it's unfortunate that there hasn't been a decent male player to brag about :eek: Still, it amazes me that crowds in Australia, for example, really get behind their own - even the shitty ones. In Japan, however, ... :tape:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find it slightly ironic that the two people who just happen to replace Fed and Blake, didnt originally sign up for this tourney and still end up in the final, hmm...

41 - 60 of 60 Posts