Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Re: Entry List

6 weeks before the first Monday of those events. Grab a calendar and count backwards (and if its soon, ask the mods to create the 2008 tournaments subforum :) ).

·
Your visions will happen
50,145 Posts

6 weeks before the first Monday of those events. Grab a calendar and count backwards (and if its soon, ask the mods to create the 2008 tournaments subforum :) ).
If thats the case, they should be out tomorrow :lol:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

6 weeks is tomorrow, damn.

The 2008 subforum should be out soon though :)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

If thats the case, they should be out tomorrow :lol:
Wow, time flies. Actually, I'm being lazy. Let me check and I'll see if there are any deadlines this week... (back in a moment).

Yep, Doha, Adeliade, and Chennai entries are due on November 19th, Sydney and Auckland are due on the 26th. It's that time of year already.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

A thread about direct entry in tournaments would be nice as well. I searched atptennis and couldn't come up with the info.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

Wow, time flies. Actually, I'm being lazy. Let me check and I'll see if there are any deadlines this week... (back in a moment).

Yep, Doha, Adeliade, and Chennai entries are due on November 19th, Sydney and Auckland are due on the 26th. It's that time of year already.
:spit: Holloween is over, Christmas decorations are out, Thanksgiving is Thrusday this week, so Doha, Adeliade, and Chennai entries should be out ;) :wavey:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

A thread about direct entry in tournaments would be nice as well. I searched atptennis and couldn't come up with the info.
What do you mean? Did you have a question about the process? Go ahead and ask, I'm sure there are a few people here (myself included) who can probably help you.

:spit: Holloween is over, Christmas decorations are out, Thanksgiving is Thrusday this week, so Doha, Adeliade, and Chennai entries should be out ;) :wavey:
Yeah, daylight savings time, etc, etc. Just seems so fast to be here all of a sudden. TMC ends, time to figure out your 2008 schedule and get yoru entries in.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

What do you mean? Did you have a question about the process? Go ahead and ask, I'm sure there are a few people here (myself included) who can probably help you.

Yeah, daylight savings time, etc, etc. Just seems so fast to be here all of a sudden. TMC ends, time to figure out your 2008 schedule and get yoru entries in.
Thanks Fee! For starters, what is the cut-off for direct entry into the Aussie Open? I know they don't take all the top 128 since they have to give out wildcards as well.
Also for the smaller tourneys like Adelaide and Chennai for example, do they wait to see which top players commit before accepting any more entries? I guess they would have some kind of waiting list ( for lack of better terms).

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

All of the slams give direct entry to the top 104 players who enter on the date of the entry deadline. Sometimes there are players with protected rankings (from an injury layoff) and they get in, pushing the number 103 or 104 player onto the alternate list. Players will withdraw before the draw is actually made, and that will push the final cutoff down a few places (last year for the AO the final cutoff was 116). The remaing spots in the draw are filled by qualifiers and wildcards.

For optional tournaments, players can enter anytime up until the deadline (for instance today is the deadline for week one of 2008) and they do this via ATP playerzone (an internet entry system they pay dues to access). Players outside the Top 50 or Top 75 will sometimes enter more than one tournament for each week, and specify their first, second, and third preference. Once the deadline is passed, the entry lists are finalized in the ATP office, and then published a day or two later on playerzone. Players who did not make direct entry for a tournament are put on the alternate lists, and get into the main draw when a player pulls out.

If you look in some of the old tournament threads, you can see how this happens. You'll see a thread for the entry list, and then you'll see updates as the tournament date approaches, players pulling out and other players moving into the draw.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

Thank you very much, Fee. This really gives me a better understanding of how things are done. Adelaide starts on 12/31/07. I can't wait to see who is in the draw.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Anyone have any idea how much longer I have to wait to see the Adelaide entry list?

Defending champion Djokovic won't be there cause he's going to Perth. Neither will Luczak (for the same reason).

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

The tournament website might publish it on Wednesday, depends on when the ATP finalizes it.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts

The first entry lists should be out now...

Who do we need to ask to create the tournament forums?

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

The organization of the 2008 tournament forums require our big boss to arrange that because a new section with lots of subforums needs to be created and old things maybe archived. It is currently in work and a mod of the tournament forum (smucav) compiled a list already with all dates, exact descriptions and tournament names which was forwarded by an admin to one of the responsible persons of Verticalscope.

I can't say when this is going to be done and when exactly the first 2008 forums are going to be accessible. So far, we can only post the new entry 2008 lists in the Masters Cup forum and then move them as soon as when the new tournament forums are available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts