Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enrique Lopez Perez gets eight-year ban from tennis for match-fixing

"The disciplinary case was heard by anti-corruption hearing officer Richard McLaren on 5 November 2020," the TIU said in a statement.

"He found that Enrique Lopez Perez breached the rules of the Tennis Anti-corruption Programme three times at tournaments in 2017, with two further charges unproven."

29 years old with a career high of 154. Can't wait for his comeback. 👏

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
When will they get some bigger names

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Thankfully

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
They only catch the small fish.

Reactions: POTUS Haase

·
9,507 Posts
Mug

·
Registered
171 Posts
Enrique Lopez Perez gets eight-year ban from tennis for match-fixing

"The disciplinary case was heard by anti-corruption hearing officer Richard McLaren on 5 November 2020," the TIU said in a statement.

"He found that Enrique Lopez Perez breached the rules of the Tennis Anti-corruption Programme three times at tournaments in 2017, with two further charges unproven."

Ah, there won't be one - at 29 with an eight year ban is career ending.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
poor ****. he is a really nice guy =( will mis him

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Will be 37 years old, no way he will return after that much lay-off...

·
Fake News
1,164 Posts
They catch small fish, because the big fish make enough money and don't need to fix matches

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
Yeah but a cheater is a cheater and that is the end of him, sorry I don't agree with you no matter how nice a guy he is.
he is going to appeal the decision, there are some interviews with him in spanish...so let´s see

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
Will be 37 years old, no way he will return after that much lay-off...
yeah...if 8 years ban happens...his career is done

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
Yeah but a cheater is a cheater and that is the end of him, sorry I don't agree with you no matter how nice a guy he is.
plus i have known him for (many) years, have his number...yeah, for me it does matter how nice he is

·
Registered
427 Posts
What I don't understand is why the heck does it take them 3 friking years to find out and ban players...?

Like 3 years ago is a LONG time, why do this now all of a sudden? Same thing with Kicker and some others.

Either ban them that year or don't ban them at all. He does not deserve to get banned right now if he hasn't done anything wrong this year.

It's like playing a point where in one of the rallies the ball was hit close to the lines, no out call was made, thus play goes on for 5+ more rallies before 1 of them lose the point. And then the player who loses the point goes to check the mark, thinks it's out, and wants to challenge or asks umpire to come down and check (esp if it's played on clay).

NEVER will the umpire come down to check the mark in this situation because at that after the point ends, it's already WAY too late and you have to move on. Even if it turns out the ball did actually miss, they kept on playing and the point has to go to the other player.

Same thing in these situations. Either ban them that year or forget about it.

And I'm not saying what he did is by any means acceptable, but he shouldn't be getting banned right now for something he did 3 years ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts