Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
:shrug: At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke.

School children to be taught 'boys can have periods too' in new sex education move.

https://news.yahoo.com/school-children-taught-boys-can-periods-new-sex-education-move-101453236.html
That's a weird article, the first sentence says 'boys can have periods too', but then it goes on to discuss something quite reasonable. The idea being to reduce the embarrassment surrounding periods. I'm not sure that it's possible though, the girls in my school all laughed through that class, I doubt adding boys to the mix will make it any less embarrassing at 9 years old.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
That's a weird article, the first sentence says 'boys can have periods too', but then it goes on to discuss something quite reasonable.
From The Telegraph:

" School children will be taught that "all genders" can have periods in new sex education lessons, in a victory for transgender rights campaigners.

The advice to teachers was approved by Brighton & Hove City Council as they try to tackle stigma around menstruation.

The new advice follows a council report which said: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding that "menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/16/boys-can-have-periods-schoolchildren-taught-latest-victory-transgender/

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
From The Telegraph:

" School children will be taught that "all genders" can have periods in new sex education lessons, in a victory for transgender rights campaigners.

The advice to teachers was approved by Brighton & Hove City Council as they try to tackle stigma around menstruation.

The new advice follows a council report which said: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding that "menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/16/boys-can-have-periods-schoolchildren-taught-latest-victory-transgender/
What the actual fuck? :surprise:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
:cuckoo:

Now Will Smith is not "black enough".

A number of critics are taking issue with the casting of Will Smith in the upcoming film King Richard saying he isn’t black enough. Smith has been cast to play tennis legends Venus and Serena Williams’ father Richard Williams.

A number of these critics believe the role should go to another actor who has darker skin.

George M. Johnson who has worked for ET, TeenVogue, and NBC saying that “Will should not play Richard.” He adds, “skin color matters in how folk were treated and navigated spaces.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/05/critics-say-will-smith-isnt-black-enough-to-play-serena-and-venus-williams-father-in-king-richard/

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
:cuckoo:

Now Will Smith is not "black enough".

A number of critics are taking issue with the casting of Will Smith in the upcoming film King Richard saying he isn’t black enough. Smith has been cast to play tennis legends Venus and Serena Williams’ father Richard Williams.

A number of these critics believe the role should go to another actor who has darker skin.

George M. Johnson who has worked for ET, TeenVogue, and NBC saying that “Will should not play Richard.” He adds, “skin color matters in how folk were treated and navigated spaces.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/05/critics-say-will-smith-isnt-black-enough-to-play-serena-and-venus-williams-father-in-king-richard/
Pushing it to me. Yeah, Richard's a little darker, but not that much:

His underlying point may be a fact, but applying it here... maybe not. Richard not reaching Khoudia Diop levels:

edit. Another comparison. The difference is more evident here.

The Scarlett Johansson case is more weird to me. We're talking about acting. Someone who isn't a transgender can't play one apparently. How do you distinguish one from the outside... Bizarre.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
makes me want to puke.

that Progressive liberalism have lost it
Progressive liberalism never existed in the first place.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,200 Posts
The Scarlett Johansson case is more weird to me. We're talking about acting. Someone who isn't a transgender can't play one apparently. How do you distinguish one from the outside... Bizarre.
Wonder what their reaction would be if a transgender person wasn't allowed to play cisgender characters. (in either case, they'd be wrong, ofc)

Centuries of discrimination have made some individuals within minorities and the female gender, which is not a minority, feel they're speshul. With the discriminations progressively disappearing, they have seized the opportunity to imposed their warped views on society. These people are subverting the ideals of egalitarianism.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Wonder what their reaction would be if a transgender person wasn't allowed to play cisgender characters. (in either case, they'd be wrong, ofc)

Centuries of discrimination have made some individuals within minorities and the female gender, which is not a minority, feel they're speshul. With the discriminations progressively disappearing, they have seized the opportunity to imposed their warped views on society. These people are subverting the ideals of egalitarianism.
Good point. Good luck in finding enough projects to pay your bills.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts