Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a simple enough, guy, hates violence, have never been in a physical fight, try to find the good in anyone within reason, like to give benefit of the doubt on some bad conspiracy theories etc

but!!!

There is one thing I have finally had enough about...

Gender Equality forcers!!

I have as much respect for female's as I do males. I want nothing but good things/same things, equal opportunity for my mother, my sister, my fiance and my female friends.

but today i saw a report that people want Santa to be made a female or to be gender neutral!!!!

Fuck off like....

seriously?

Santa has nothing to do with gender equality, some figures are men and some are ladies. Ie, tooth fairy, Disney characters etc.

I am starting to really worry about the world when this crap is coming to light. I also saw that the sitting on the lap thing should go, people need to chill and just enjoy life instead of trying to be so PC. What a way to exhaust yourself.

There already is a mrs clause ffs! The people saying these things are the same people who will then expect a man to take out the bins and kill the spiders etc.

Its time for this madness to stop!!!!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/people-say-santa-should-now-13733947?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR04DnQrQyBG-LmwKLKtf_keEdwVTg4I5C4AUU5a_HSVXyOt9SJRsGTdh0I

·
Banned
295 Posts
I like how they made Doctor Who female, but I agree with OP to a large extent.

But be warned though you will be called sexist if you say things like this in a public forum or at work or anywhere.

If you are a male today you CANNOT say ANYTHING against Women or you are an automatic sexist.

Side note: Santa is usually fat with a beard - I didn't think most women liked to look like that in public anyway.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
[...]

Santa has nothing to do with gender equality, some figures are men and some are ladies. Ie, tooth fairy, Disney characters etc.

[...]

There already is a mrs clause ffs! [...]
:D

Where / who demands this? And what is demanded specifically? For some traditional annual public Santa to be a woman, or a Santa visiting some schools or something? I suppose anyone is free to create a female Santa Claus character and go about his/her business. As you said, we also have Mrs. Claus or 'grandma/mother elf' as his partner. And some characters have mostly been thought as men and some as women.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
You never know what's looming behind Disney characters...

On topic: Santa Claus has nothing to do with Christmas. The way he's designed now it's completely product of Coca Cola. They can make him a frog as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
You never know what's looming behind Disney characters...

On topic: Santa Claus has nothing to do with Christmas. The way he's designed now it's completely product of Coca Cola. They can make him a frog as far as I'm concerned.
There have been Nicholas or Sinterklaas figures linked to Christmas even before Santa...

edit. LOL @ Minnie...

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
Not quite in the same vein, but part of the PC/SJW madness:

Radio stations across the US are banning that clever, witty, holiday-time song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside", since it is all about date r**e.

The Academy Award winner in 1949 for best song is now considered too offensive. But at least in Denver the listeners fought back and told the station to put it back on the air. And it did. So, I guess it is not too offensive if there is a possibility it might affect the ratings.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
There have been Nichlaus or Sinterklaas figures linked to Christmas even before Santa...
It's a stretch at best. St. Nicholas was never someone who brings gifts for children or rides the sled pulled by reindeer. Supposedly there is some character in Nordic mythology (not sure about it tho) who resembles something similar. Santa in red and white suit is Coca Cola's design 100%. Serbian orthodox celebrate St. Nikola (Nicholas) as a Christian saint, while Santa Claus is called Deda Mraz (Grandpa Frost) but he doesn't have anything to do with Christmas but with New Year.
Santa (Satan anagram) is absolutely western capitalist construct.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,638 Posts

Radio stations across the US are banning that clever, witty, holiday-time song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside", since it is all about date r**e.

The Academy Award winner in 1949 for best song is now considered too offensive. But at least in Denver the listeners fought back and told the station to put it back on the air. And it did. So, I guess it is not too offensive if there is a possibility it might affect the ratings.
What does the song even mean?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. :spit:

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
What does the song even mean?
You don’t know the song?

It is all about wooing a woman. Back in the old days, before just hooking up on social media, men used to do that.
Nowadays, any man trying to do that is considered to be behaving like Bill Cosby.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
And I want Tinker Bell to be a gay impersonator. >:)

I am starting to really worry about the world when this crap is coming to light. I also saw that the sitting on the lap thing should go, people need to chill and just enjoy life instead of trying to be so PC. What a way to exhaust yourself.

There already is a mrs clause ffs! The people saying these things are the same people who will then expect a man to take out the bins and kill the spiders etc.

Its time for this madness to stop!!!!
I am not that worried about our civilization. We are doomed anyway.

Trump and Xi Jinping will lead us into economical ruins, and those whose task would be to lead us intellectually ... are just shades.
It would be high time to admit that Cristopher Lasch was right about our narcissism and failures.
We haven't changed an iota since the 70's. We are not gonna get into fights over such petty matters... though even in things which truly are important people don't have ideals anymore...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
It's a stretch at best. St. Nicholas was never someone who brings gifts for children or rides the sled pulled by reindeer. Supposedly there is some character in Nordic mythology (not sure about it tho) who resembles something similar. Santa in red and white suit is Coca Cola's design 100%. Serbian orthodox celebrate St. Nikola (Nicholas) as a Christian saint, while Santa Claus is called Deda Mraz (Grandpa Frost) but he doesn't have anything to do with Christmas but with New Year.
Santa (Satan anagram) is absolutely western capitalist construct.
----------

The modern American version of the suit can be attributed to the work of Thomas Nast for Harper's Weekly magazine, although it is often incorrectly thought that Haddon Sundblom designed the suit in his advertising work for The Coca-Cola Company. Sundblom's work did standardize the western image of Santa, and popularized the image of the red suit with white fur trim. This has become the image of the American Santa, while in some European countries where Saint Nicholas remains popular, the outfit worn is closer to religious clothing, including a Bishop's mitre. [...]

Prior to Nast's work, Santa's outfit was tan in color, and it was he that changed it to red, although he also drew Santa in a green suit. This change is often mistakenly attributed to the work of Haddon Sundblom, who drew images of Santa in advertising for the Coca-Cola Company since 1931. Although Sundblom's work certainly changed the perception of Santa Claus, the red suit was shown on the covers of Harper's Weekly at least forty years before his work for the soda company was published. The Coca-Cola Company itself has attributed the red color of the suit to Nast's earlier work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_suit

---------

Sinterklaas (where the name Santa Claus stems from, and which itself stems from Sint-Nicolaas) already had a red and white outfit; don't know if it was the inspiration for Thomas Nast, but sounds reasonable. Giving gifts to children was already a thing with Sinterklaas. Apparently Dutch kids filled their klompen with hay, carrots and sugar, for Sinterklaas' horse. He then in exchange filled the shoes with gifts.

Wonder if that Zwarte Piet figure is still going on strong in this day and age? Seems controversial. Any Dutch people wanna chime in...?

--------

St. Nicholas, children and giftgiving:

One story tells how during a terrible famine, a malicious butcher lured three little children into his house, where he killed them, placing their remains in a barrel to cure, planning to sell them off as ham. Nicholas, visiting the region to care for the hungry, saw through the butcher's lies and resurrected the pickled children by making the Sign of the Cross. Adam C. English notes that the story of the resurrection of the pickled children is a late medieval addition to the legendary biography of Saint Nicholas and that it is not found in any of his earliest Lives. Jona Lendering states that the story is "without any historical value."

Though this story seems bizarre and horrifying to modern audiences, it was tremendously popular throughout the late Middle Ages and the Early Modern Period and widely beloved by ordinary folk. It is depicted in stained glass windows, wood panel paintings, tapestries, and frescoes. Eventually, the scene became so widely reproduced that, rather than showing the whole scene, artists began to merely depict Saint Nicholas with three naked children and a wooden barrel at his feet. According to English, eventually, people who had forgotten or never learned the story began misinterpreting representations of it. The fact that Saint Nicholas was shown with children led people to conclude he was the patron saint of children; meanwhile, the fact that he was shown with a barrel led people to conclude that he was the patron saint of brewers.

[...]

In late medieval England, on Saint Nicholas Day parishes held Yuletide "boy bishop" celebrations. As part of this celebration, youths performed the functions of priests and bishops, and exercised rule over their elders. Today, Saint Nicholas is still celebrated as a great gift-giver in several Western European and Central European countries. According to one source, in medieval times nuns used the night of 6 December to deposit baskets of food and clothes anonymously at the doorsteps of the needy. According to another source, on 6 December every sailor or ex-sailor of the Low Countries (which at that time was virtually all of the male population) would descend to the harbour towns to participate in a church celebration for their patron saint. On the way back they would stop at one of the various Nicholas fairs to buy some hard-to-come-by goods, gifts for their loved ones and invariably some little presents for their children. While the real gifts would only be presented at Christmas, the little presents for the children were given right away, courtesy of Saint Nicholas. This and his miracle of him resurrecting the three butchered children made Saint Nicholas a patron saint of children and later students as well.
---------

As for the Nordic precursor, it's a paganistic tradition, the character looked like a goat (guys dressed in a fur and wearing a goat mask; they were more scary, going from house to house drinking people's liquor etc., but also brought some presents to good kids and dry twigs to bad ones. Similar to Krampus in Central European tradition and folklore.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts