Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me it plays beautifully.
Rebound Ace provided some of the best classics of the last decade or so, and the new surface hold onto that tradition bravely.
Great matches, great pace, great rallies combined with plenty more net approaches. Big serve is a huge advantage, yet Roddick loses what was one of his best serving performances ever.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
I already got used to it

I also like the way the ball bounces and the speed of it

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Better for viewing. Forces the players to hit through the ball instead of moon-balling :yeah:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
After all the initial worries and reports it would play just like th USO, I think the change in surface has worked out just fine. It does seem to have let to a number of great matches.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More credit to what had already been Tennis' best organized event.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Five stars. Rallies are beautiful, volleys are quite possible, serves CAN work well but more for placement than power... seems fair for everyone. Great switch.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
the courts are OK but the balls sucks IMO

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
I like it.

For me, Aus Open is the best grand slam. Best surface, best atmosphere and played at a time of the season when everyone is at their peak and it usually produces so many classics.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it.

For me, Aus Open is the best grand slam. Best surface, best atmosphere and played at a time of the season when everyone is at their peak and it usually produces so many classics.
Agree with all of the above (well, perhaps some players are not at their peak so early in the season).

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Ok, but there still a lot of things that need to be sorted out.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW the court plays much fater, that much is for sure (note the amount of aces - in 2006 I think 90 for the whole tournament was the most for the men :rolleyes: ).

I, for one, am happy about that :)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
plays pretty slow. there have been some VERY long matches. nadal would love this surface, fed definitely not(10-8 vs world no. 48 in the fifth)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think it's great. It's pretty fast ( no Fed going five sets does mean it's slow :retard: ) , the bounce is very nice ( not high ), it seems to resist heat ( no complaints so far ). I've really enjoyed what I've seen, a pretty high number of winners but not at the expense of nice rallies, and some net play. Great stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts