Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some matches to where a player put in an embarrassing performance against a servebot? For example, getting broken many times, getting bageled/breadsticked, choking multiple break leads, or even getting consistently outplayed in neutral rallies.

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Big Novak 2019 WTF.

Reactions: TheLastJedi

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dull is well known for this at Wimbledon. Dull/Brown 2015 is a notable example, even if Brown isn't a pure bot. Dull/Muller 2017, the first two sets at least, is another good example. Dull/Federer in 2006 and 2007 as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dull is well known for this at Wimbledon. Dull/Brown 2015 is a notable example, even if Brown isn't a pure bot. Dull/Muller 2017, the first two sets at least, is another good example. Dull/Federer in 2006 and 2007 as well.
Well you don't even have to be a servebot to crush Chokerer, remember FO 2008 finals

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nadal against Muller in the first set made 0 UE, he wasn't playing bad, it was Muller that was playing the match of his life

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,873 Posts
Dzumhur choking a double break lead to Dr. Ivo.

There was also that Raonic Isner match in NY with no TB. (3-6 6-3 6-4 3-6 6-2)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,873 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Off the top of my head:

and especially:
John Isner nearly double bageled Popyrin this year. Isner was 6-0 4-0 up before Popyrin held serve for the first time.
Isner even got to deuce at 6-0 4-0* but choked away the next two points

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Big Novak 2019 WTF.
I unironically agree. Djokovic has actually had too much trouble with Federer in the recent matches they've played (since Novak's return post-injury). Mainly because of Fed's botting. Although in the past I always felt like Djokovic used to read Federer's serve really well. In the last 3 matches they played it did not feel like that at all. I mean, at Wimbledon Djokovic didn't even see a single break point until the fourth set. Only his mental fortitude got him through that one, and he also had to go through two TBs to win against Fed in Paris 2018 as well.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Karlovic d. Khachanov 64 60, Moscow QF 2013. Khachanov was young, but still. I’m pretty sure that’s Karlovic’s only ever bagel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts