Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
The tennis player concluded his message with a quote from Albert Einstein that says 鈥淚nsanity is always doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

:ROFLMAO: What's the connection with the context?

Registered
With Ouahab about to end his career this was a good move from the Moroccan tennis federation.
Ouahab is nowhere near retirement, just ask Holger Rune! What a dream for Benchetrit to be mentored by him

Registered
The tennis player concluded his message with a quote from Albert Einstein that says 鈥淚nsanity is always doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

:ROFLMAO: What's the connection with the context?
I think he is referring to all French players being mental midgets. Wants to avoid falling into the same trap

Registered
Not as crazy as it seems on paper.

Morocco is to France what Mexico is to the US

I practically lived there growing up.

Discussion Starter #8

I thought was Algeria?

Registered
The relationship between France and Morocco and France and Algeria is... different... to say the least. 馃槄

Registered
I thought was Algeria?

i guess you refer to thebig diaspora marocan in France that you have also in US as the Mexican diaspora is big.

But compared to France/marocco,Mexico and US have nothing to share together except that both looks like hating each other (just some kind of economic relationship). France/ Marocco is more respectful relationship. in the contrary to the France/Alg茅rie relationship way more conflictuel..

Reactions: NextGenKing

Registered
I guess this is a coupe Davis / Olympic game choice - he clearly say that :

芦 Jouer pour le Maroc, pays de naissance de mon p猫re, va 锚tre un honneur! Repr茅senter ce pays en coupe Davis et aux JO le sera tout autant鈥 Je reste Fran莽ais, mais sur un court de tennis, je jouerai sous les couleurs du Maroc 禄, a 茅crit Elliot Benchetrit sur son compte Instagram, pr茅cisant que sa d茅cision prend effet 脿 compter du 1er janvier 2021.

Registered
i guess you refer to thebig diaspora marocan in France that you have also in US as the Mexican diaspora is big.

But compared to France/marocco,Mexico and US have nothing to share together except that both looks like hating each other (just some kind of economic relationship). France/ Marocco is more respectful relationship. in the contrary to the France/Alg茅rie relationship way more conflictuel..
You've listened to too much leftist propaganda if you think there is a hateful relationship between the United Mexican States and the United States of America.

Registered
You've listened to too much leftist propaganda if you think there is a hateful relationship between the United States of Mexico and the United States of America.
I have been living in Mexico 2 years and in US 1 year. Not to go into caricature but it is really two worlds...

Registered
Had no idea Benchetrit has Moroccan roots. I don't know what's this decision, I think representing France would bring more advantages, but maybe he really loves this country. I doubt he got paid to do this, Kazakhstan like.

Registered
I hope one day that binationals by birth, like Benchetrit, will be allowed to represent both their countries at the same time. Tennis is not a team sport, so why are we even forcing players to choose between 2 countries they like equally ?
With the growing number of people with several citizenships around the world, this is the future

And for the few events where citizenship actually matters (ATP Cup, Davis Cup, Olympic Games), we could have some rules such as: they would pick one of their 2 countries, and would be allowed to change once in their career (if they ever want to)

Registered
I hope one day that binationals by birth, like Benchetrit, will be allowed to represent both their countries at the same time. Tennis is not a team sport, so why are we even forcing players to choose between 2 countries they like equally ?
With the growing number of people with several citizenships around the world, this is the future

And for the few events where citizenship actually matters (ATP Cup, Davis Cup, Olympic Games), we could have some rules such as: they would pick one of their 2 countries, and would be allowed to change once in their career (if they ever want to)
It's not rocket science. I was born in France, with a French mother and American dad. I grew up in both countries. I live in the States now. Both have been awesome to me. If i randomly got called up for the Davis Cup :ROFLMAO: I would represent France. I don't need to explain why, or justify it. I am French. There you go.

Registered
Had no idea Benchetrit has Moroccan roots. I don't know what's this decision, I think representing France would bring more advantages, but maybe he really loves this country. I doubt he got paid to do this, Kazakhstan like.
Obviously he gave up n ever being called for France, hence the Einstein quote...

Registered
It's not rocket science. I was born in France, with a French mother and American dad. I grew up in both countries. I live in the States now. Both have been awesome to me. If i randomly got called up for the Davis Cup :ROFLMAO: I would represent France. I don't need to explain why, or justify it. I am French. There you go.
I was born in the Netherlands, with a Croatian father and a Hungarian mother. I grew up in Hungary, so if I would be called to play in Davis Cup, I would represent the country.
I am more Hungarian by now (by far) than Croatian, that's why.

Registered
Obviously he gave up n ever being called for France, hence the Einstein quote...
In the process he probably won't receive any more WC from French tournaments, that's a significant loss for players ranked 100-250
These are all the ones he received over the last few years
2020 - MD Roland, Q Paris, Q Marseille, Q Montpellier
2019 - Q Roland, Q Paris
2018 - MD Roland, Q Montpellier
2017 - Q Lyon
2016 - Q Nice

1 - 20 of 27 Posts