Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FINALLY!!!

One more step and we will get rid off chair umpire also!

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Electronic line-calling will be used instead of line judges for U.S. Open matches at all courts except the two largest arenas and singles qualifying, mixed doubles, junior and wheelchair competition are being eliminated entirely.

So they bashed Djokovic and Nadal for their comments as they're being called ignorants for not thinking about the not so financially stable players, yet the organizers are scrapping qualifiers, basically showing a big middle finger for everyone ranked outside the top 100/150 and their chances of getting some good money

What a fucking joke :LOL:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Electronic line-calling will be used instead of line judges for U.S. Open matches at all courts except the two largest arenas and singles qualifying, mixed doubles, junior and wheelchair competition are being eliminated entirely.

So they bashed Djokovic and Nadal for their comments as they're being called ignorants for not thinking about the not so financially stable players, yet the organizers are scrapping qualifiers, basically showing a big middle finger for everyone ranked outside the top 100/150 and their chances of getting some good money

What a fucking joke :LOL:

128 draw qualifiers are a joke anyway,

Lets be real most low ranked nobodies have virtually no chance of winning a match and only enter the qualifies for the easy prize money .

If I was 210 ranked pro would I play a ITF in a s-hole country for $150 prize money or earn $15k losing 6-0 6-2 in 50 minutes round QR1 with hotels, per diem money and transport included?! Difficult to make that call(!)

This is one of the main problems raising the prize money by a huge amount for slams and masters qualifiers but challenger and ITF tournaments have been the same for 20 years.. low ranked players will just enter the qualifiers with no intention to win but collect to easy guaranteed money .

On the pro tour you should be rewarded for winning NOT gaming the system doing things like abusing PR’s Dmitry Tursunov style

·
Registered
5,238 Posts

Lets be real most low ranked nobodies have virtually no chance of winning a match and only enter the qualifies for the easy prize money .

If I was 210 ranked pro would I play a ITF in a s-hole country for $150 prize money or earn $15k losing 6-0 6-2 in 50 minutes round QR1 with hotels, per diem money and transport included?! Difficult to make that call(!)

This is one of the main problems raising the prize money by a huge amount for slams and masters qualifiers but challenger and ITF tournaments have been the same for 20 years.. low ranked players will just enter the qualifiers with no intention to win but collect to easy guaranteed money .

On the pro tour you should be rewarded for winning NOT gaming the system doing things like abusing PR’s Dmitry Tursunov style
Leave Dima alone.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Finally. No more favoritism for Rogie when lines calls are close

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
A friend of mine think...

This is great news. Great for the sport. Horrible? The sport just took one step closer to full legitimacy

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What if it can be programmed and automated to favor somebody? I suppose Fed can't wait to come back now.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Cherchez la femme. This is yet another desperate attempt at records' preservation by Mirka, those electronic liners are for sure rigged to favour her husband.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts

Chinese virus want to take away the essence of fairness in competitive sport too ? . Of course, If you don't show up , you' ll never know . If you don't start somewhere (this case qualies) , at lower level in a big tourney , chances are you never know what's that like or make it some day . A strange post , oh from a virus I am not surprised. Cool name bro BTW. Btw, wheelchair tennis are mad as hell their being discriminated against. WTF are they doing

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Cherchez la femme. This is yet another desperate attempt at records' preservation by Mirka, those electronic liners are for sure rigged to favour her husband.
Cmon man, how the hell would that even be possible?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts