Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Edmund is the much better player imo, Edmund has the better serve and groundstrokes while Evans has better defence. Evans also completely trumps Edmund in terms of mentality and fighting spirit.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edmund is the much better player imo, Edmund has the better serve and groundstrokes while Evans has better defence. Evans also completely trumps Edmund in terms of mentality and fighting spirit.
Interesting as on your analysis I would read into that Evans is better, yet you say Edmund?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
In terms of a match-up, Edmund will win almost every time.

Edmund is what people think a British person is and Evans is what a British person really is.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Edmunds modern game is better for standar hc play, let's face it that is the entire hc season practically. Evan's is a fighter with a game from another era , better suited for fast play. He works hard and with talent to adjust to modern conditions . Edmund's natural .

So , Edmund

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Peak Evans trumps Edmund.

Evans during ATP cup was awesome. He had Henman smiling with his all court play.

Unfortunately he wasted many years being a Bruv, instead of top 20.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Interesting as on your analysis I would read into that Evans is better, yet you say Edmund?
Well I kinda interprete what he/she is saying , forgetting one thing to add to defense: Evan's all court arsenal . That and fighting spirit can make up for a lesser serve and groundstrokes (can but not certain) . Evan's has the vision and talent to play a variable of balls and strategies that Edmund can dream of.

However in these slowasses courts powerful serves and strokes become more important so Edmund will have more titles

Edit: another thing all the hard work and intensity Dan puts into his game as a compensation, usually leave him exhausted , Edmund ground game doesn't rely on fitness as much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts