Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something very extraordinary happened today at the Dallas Challenger. Bruno Echagaray was serving 5-6 down in the tiebreak against Jesse Witten, hit the first serve in the net, and was then foot faulted on the second serve to lose the match! He was up a double break in that set and his reaction after losing the match was one of complete shock and then he went mad throwing the racket across the court and attacking his chair... The complete match can be downloaded from http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/pages.cfm?gpt=3&g=438&id=436

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something very extraordinary happened today at the Dallas Challenger. Bruno Echagaray was serving at 5-6 down in the deciding tiebreak, hit the first serve in the net, and was then foot faulted (!) for the first time in the match on the second serve to lose the match. Echagaray's reaction was one of complete shock and then he went mad throwing his racket across the court and attacking the chair where he'd been sitting at change-overs. The complete match can be downloaded from http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/pages.cfm?gpt=3&g=438&id=436
Has anyone ever seen anyone lose a close professional match on a foot fault before?

Reactions: Truc

·
Registered
407 Posts
simply amazing. Poor guy.... anyway, he manages anger very well.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
I don't think you can make that call on 2nd serve at MP, it didn't even look like a foot falut!

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Wow, thanks for taping the match...I've never seen a call, or a chair attacked, like that before.
Safin did it in Estoril against Davydenko in 2006! :haha:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Thanks for the link. :lol: Hilarious stuff with Bruno throwing his racket over to the other side of the court, and turning over that chair.

·
Stefan 2034
929 Posts
The guy who runs the tournament/club came to my town last week and helped me with my mental game. :lol: He told us there would be a challenger at his club next week but I didn't think anything of it.

I hope he talks to this guy about the mental side of tennis, he clearly needs it. :eek:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Ridiculous call to make at that time.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I feel sorry for Echagaray...

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Hum... was sure there were at least 10 posts in this thread...

Edit : ok twice the same thread... :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is no fucking way that that was a foot fault.
It wasn't even remotely close.

That lines woman obviously thought that the american player had been taking his match to the edge enough.

Shameful. It really is; I feel bad for Echa as well.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
so this is what a challenger tournament looks like. always wondered. and for it being in the united states, it's shittier than i imagined; i don't wanna know what south american challengers look like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Make your voice heard in support for Bruno Echagaray! :angel:

This really was scandalous.
Agreed. It's about as shameful as it comes. These guys play their hearts out at these challengers, and to have it taken away at match point like that....All support to Bruno on this one.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts