Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
klizan gets to the qfs and closer to top 50(maybe into it after this week)

well done!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Told you in WWW thread, that USO match was Klizan's worst in his entire career and after that he was sidelined with injury for 2 months.

Today was a different story, but Young seems to have better form than his usual sucking. I expected it would be much easier for Klizan, but he still got it in 2, which is encouraging. Martin has 18-5 record this year on Tour, which is best from player outside Top 50, hopefully he can improve that tomorrow vs Gasquet, which I honestly don't believe in happening. Still nice preparation for Wimby, getting 45 points.

Klizan is now 51th in live ranking, but having said that, he has almost nothing to defend until January. (around 100 pts)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Told you in WWW thread, that USO match was Klizan's worst in his entire career and after that he was sidelined with injury for 2 months.

Today was a different story, but Young seems to have better form than his usual sucking. I expected it would be much easier for Klizan, but he still got it in 2, which is encouraging. Martin has 18-5 record this year on Tour, which is best from player outside Top 50, hopefully he can improve that tomorrow vs Gasquet, which I honestly don't believe in happening. Still nice preparation for Wimby, getting 45 points.

Klizan is now 51th in live ranking, but having said that, he has almost nothing to defend until January. (around 100 pts)
Speaking of that thread, it stinks that I got denied a Young-Tomic match.

On another point, Klizan was clearly closer to the form that he beat Tsonga at the Open than his form when Young beat him there a year later.

At least Young got a grass victory before Wimbledon and if Sam Querrey loses, will enter Wimbledon as the second ranked American. If he wins a Wimbledon match, he'd have met my 2014 expectation of him there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts