Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
expected result
allez doud!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I like ERV so I'm pleased with the result. Why is Kuznetsov not playing Wimbledon qualifying? His ranking wasn't high enough to get in directly and I don't think he got a WC.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I like ERV so I'm pleased with the result. Why is Kuznetsov not playing Wimbledon qualifying? His ranking wasn't high enough to get in directly and I don't think he got a WC.
The entry list for Wimbledon was placed immediately after Kuznetsov won the Ostrava Challenger, placing him high enough in the alternates to ensure that Monaco's withdrawal put him in the main draw.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
and to think this kid was once thought of (and perhaps still is) the future of russian tennis. he's been playing on it for a couple years now and done absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
and to think this kid was once thought of (and perhaps still is) the future of russian tennis. he's been playing on it for a couple years now and done absolutely nothing.
Its consistency. He needs to get into the mindset of playing frequently, as opposed to going on month long sabbaticals at a time. Also, he needs to play pressure points better, because you can generally predict the way an Andrey match goes:

>hold
>hold
>repeat above two until Kuznetsov is down BP
>DF or UE
>Opponent takes the set
>Second set
>Kuznetsov holds 4 consecutive games
>Fails to break opponent (repeatedly)
>Gets broken immediately afterwards
>Opponent takes set and match (unless slam, in which case repeat line 5-8)

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
This kid is one of the biggest chokers on tour.
In 2nd set Was leading 3-0 had a BP on ERV's serve. Then on 4-3 had another BP,but lost set 4-6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts