• Simon

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More likely to win USO this year, Wawrinka or Murray?

Djokovic is more vulnerable in US Open ; therefore , these 2 will have a real chance to win.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Re: More likely to win USO this year, Wawrinka or Murray?

Djokovic is more vulnerable in US Open ; therefore , these 2 will have a real chance to win.
Stanimal is always in Djokovic half at HC slam with a couple of other HC contenders since 2012., so a lot harder to make the finals and stay as fresh as possible after 5-setters against Djokovic, unless he again gets two byes before the finals as at AO'14.

So, whoever lands in Federer's half i.e. Fedals half (because Federer and Nadal are together opposite to Djokovic at AO/USO/Wimb. since 2012 and Nadal since 2008.) he will probably be a lot fresher finalist, as was Cilic the last USO or Nadal the year before.

If Nishikori makes it to no.4 instead of Stan, then we'll get as lopsided draw as the last year with Djokovic, Stanimal, Murray, Cilic etc. in upper half, otherwise it will be Murray in Fedal' as at the last AO & Wimb., so with a lot better chance to win it than Stanimal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
WWW the U.S. Open?

Early predictions for the U.S. Open? In recent years this has really been by far the most random and unpredictable slam. I, like a lot of other people, thought that Nivak was the obvious favourite for last year's title. I don't think anyone predicted Cilic. If I had to say right now, my two favourites would be Novak or Stan.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: WWW the U.S. Open?

Poll options are purely based on ranking

·
Registered
622 Posts
The final slam of the year gets underway on Monday August 31, 7 weeks after the final of Wimbledon. What is everyone thinking leading up to this one ?

Last year was a little crazy in the NA hardcourt-swing - we had Tsonga winning Toronto, Djokovic continuing his Cinci lull with defeat to Robredo and two new players in a Grand-Slam final with Marin Cilic winning out.

Will we see something like this again or maybe a little more normality resuming as in previous years with the more established players dominating ?

·
23,481 Posts
Even when the Big Four dominating none of them was able to win it twice in that period, except for Nadal. I think this is the true Open Slam, and I could see many favorites. It depends really how decent the level of the players are going to be going to USO. Then again Nishikori was injured during the North American Masters and he reached the Final...

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Slamray to take Washington, Canada and the USO.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Of the players who can realistically beat Djokovic, i'd limit it to Murray, Wawrinka, Nishikori and maybe god-mode Fed although he hasn't looked good on this DecoTurf for a while now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am predicting Federer judging by his form and Novak may run into Wawrinka at Semi Finals.

As long as Nadal doesnt step in, Federer is a safe bet.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I feel Wawrinka will have a good chance. Away from the grass he'll be a different animal. Can't wait to see this man hammering backhand winners on his way to the final.

·
6,477 Posts
Novak will be very hungry for this one, he is too good to have only one title there - and he knows it.
The mistakes of last year will not be repeated, he will win this.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I can't believe Nole has only one USO.
Wish Delpo comes back to the tour.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Djokovic

QF Wawrinka
SF Murray

if this draw, are less likely to Djokovic win.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I can only see two players having a chance against Djokovic - Andy and Stan. The next couple masters are pretty important for the US Open seedings, can Andy get number two and can Stan hold onto number four.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Vamos Djokovic! "La Decima" awaits!

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
I would personally wish Rafa wins another USO. But it not even happening by any extent even in my dreams. :lol:

I would prefer a winner in the following order:

Rafa :superlol:
Murray(He needs to win to make tennis competitve in 2016 atleast)
Stan
Nishikori/Raonic/Kyrgios/Surprise winner
Tsonga/Berdych(I like Berdman :shrug:)
Djokovic

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Djokovic is the favorite, though I'd put Murray as a close 2nd favorite -- he might have won Wimbledon if not for Federer playing one of the best matches of his career.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Yeah murray is a favorite till he meets wawrinka again and gets blown away....I really hope stanimal shows up again

1 - 20 of 39 Posts