Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
i dont want to see him get a wildcard into the main draw and get humiliated like marko djokovic in his atp debut. i think both groth and ball deserve a wild card instead because at least they been playing challengers and know what to expect.

Not the best debut but hey...
It can happen to anyone...even to the best :shrug:

Nadal lost to Youzhny in Chennai this year 0:6 1:6

The thing is Maki is not that talented, that stands. But the players that are already known, and had some results in junior level and are really talented...they should not get WCs often, but it's ok to give them a chance.
It would mean to Bernard...and who knows, he might do well.
I'd also like to see Krajinovic play in Belgrade in May :)

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Marcos Baghdatis (currently ranked 100th) seems certain to be handed a wildcard. Fortunately for him, he has many supporters in Australia.
I hope Baggy is not still badly injured, it has been a tough year
:awww: Can't wait to see Marcos fit and back on track. This really has been a tough year :sad:
Hopefully 2009 will be a good one.
Pame!!

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
yeah. thank God for all of the Greeks and Greek-Cypriots that migrated to Australia.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Does Baghdatis have a protected ranking? That would suck if TA had to give the WC to Marcos over a Carsten Ball or a Sam Groth type, but I understand from a financial state why they would do it.

What people outside of Australia dont understand is that in Queensland (the state Brisbane is in) there is no where near the amount of Greeks there are in Melbourne or Sydney and he wont get as much support in Brisbane as he does in Sydney and Melbourne.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Does Baghdatis have a protected ranking? That would suck if TA had to give the WC to Marcos over a Carsten Ball or a Sam Groth type, but I understand from a financial state why they would do it.

What people outside of Australia dont understand is that in Queensland (the state Brisbane is in) there is no where near the amount of Greeks there are in Melbourne or Sydney and he wont get as much support in Brisbane as he does in Sydney and Melbourne.

Yeah if they do give him one it will be because of who he is and not the fact that there are lots of Greeks because as Matchu stated there is not a big Greek community in Brisbane.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Entry List

Today is the day it gets released right?

Im so excited to see who is coming, can someone give me the link to the site that publishes it first?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ancic said in the croatian papers that he will play in Brisbane....
Yes he is on the entry list for Brisbane ;)

here is the whole entry list..

Ancic, Mario
Benneteau, Julien
Berdych, Tomas
Calleri, Agustin
Darcis, Steve
Dent, Taylor
Djokovic, Novak
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Fish, Mardy
Gasquet, Richard
Gicquel, Marc