Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Honestly I didn't feel I played that bad. I had [the] ball pretty well on the racquet, Gulbis said afterwards.

Yeah, moving was bad but he served incredible. I mean, I had six break points the first set. You have to give the guy credit. He serves really, really well in important points. What can I do?

I would prefer to play somebody who plays more baseline, because I didn't have bad feeling from the baseline, Gulbis said afterwards. I served also not so bad except the last game, but the last game it was just lack of concentration. I was a little bit out last game.

I like the grass … [But] I never played well the first tournament. I always played decent in Wimbledon if I practiced well. So now I’m going to stay here, practice to weeks on grass. I’m going to be fully fine for Wimbledon."

But the new and improved Gulbis – who said after the French Open that he was now ‘addicted to success’ – has his eyes fixed firmly on the next challenge: To do well at Wimbledon.

"I’m over it. Honestly, I’m over it," he said when asked about his Roland Garros run. "Of course I enjoy it and it will stay in my memory forever because until now it’s my best result. But to enjoy it, I can enjoy something not really long after it happens. You know, the enjoyment, it goes away."

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Newsbot GOATing NID

Yeah doesn't sound too bad, he's positive, he'll be fine for Wimby

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
G in 'GM' doesn't stand for Gulbis :lol: Seriously, I don't think that everything he says should be made into a thread here - that's what we have got Players sub-forums for.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
His record 0-3 against Davy doesn't suggest that.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
His record 0-3 against Davy doesn't suggest that.
Davy is a classic serve and volleyer though, so I don't see how this applies :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts