Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So Vatutin continued to play and after he lost the point he asked umpire to check the mark. It was out and the point was awarded to Vatutin.

What makes is interesting is that Brown loses his head like that and complains for a long time - after all he is a trickster himself. Remember this?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure how Brown is responsible for that 2nd call?
Against Coric? The 2nd call is more about the umpire as he talks about the earlier call: "The other one was probably out".

But that first point is very ugly from Brown.

43 Posts
What do you expect from a 35 year old journeymen ranked #246 who has never won an ATP tourney. Granted he fluked a couple of grass court wins against an unmotivated or obviously compromised Rafa 5-6 years ago but these challenger/exho. tournies are all he has left.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
To display as much emotion during an exhibition shows the love and passion for the game.
It also shows his lack of fair play. He wants to win a point after he initially hit a volley out. PATHETIC.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It also shows his lack of fair play. He wants to win a point after he initially hit a volley out. PATHETIC.
I have seen worse. In my opinion, it is certainly no worse than Federer intimidating the lines woman and women's umpire during the Sandgren match only for doing their jobs, for example.

A lot of tennis players do things in the heat of the moment. Dustin Brown's emotional reaction is mild in comparison to some of the more extreme instances.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I have seen worse. To me, it is certainly no worse than Federer intimidating and trying to terrorise the lines woman and women's umpire at the Australian Open only for doing their jobs, for example.

A lot of tennis players do things in the heat of the moment. Dustin Brown's emotional reaction is mild in comparison to some of the more extreme instances.
So you are comparing Grand Slams to exhibitions. And to be honest, I have never seen Federer act like this.
If, for you, Brown's reactions are not worse, then we have nothing to discuss about.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Wow, that's pathetic behaviour. It's an exhibition event. Well, it's not even that, because it shows exhibitions needs fans as well to be meaningful.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Dustin Brown was not menacing. I do not believe anyone was frightened or considered themselves in any imminent danger by his emotional reaction. It was an innocent reaction, I would say.

I have seen much, much worse displays of anger on a tennis court, where I have felt scared for the person(s) on the receiving end.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
To display as much emotion during an exhibition shows the love and passion for the game.
Do you really mean that? Or is it because he's German?

Every time HahahaHaase makes a fool out of himself, I'm the first to laugh about him for acting like he's mister big shot. DB seems to act the same way, especially after beating Nadal at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do you really mean that? Or is it because he's German?

Every time HahahaHaase makes a fool out of himself, I'm the first to laugh about him for acting like he's mister big shot. DB seems to act the same way, especially after beating Nadal at Wimbledon.
I absolutely mean it. I welcome these innocent, harmless reactions like Dustin Brown's. The sport needs more passion. It shows a love of the game.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
This coric vidéo is incredible my gosh! Thanks for sharing !

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have seen worse. In my opinion, it is certainly no worse than Federer intimidating the lines woman and women's umpire during the Sandgren match only for doing their jobs, for example.

Cmon man, Federer didn’t do nothin wrong. The lineswoman was a piece of shit for tattling on him for cursing which everyone does. Even then, Federer didn’t try to intimidate her, he was just asking her what he said.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
As much as I love Brown, this is just confusing. He doesn’t act like this during actual tournaments so it’s weird to see him do it here. As for the Coric match, I agree he should’ve told the umpire he wanted to play a second serve cause that serve wasn’t even close but the umpire was the main problem for being blind as fuck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Cmon man, Federer didn’t do nothin wrong. The lineswoman was a piece of shit for tattling on him for cursing which everyone does. Even then, Federer didn’t try to intimidate her, he was just asking her what he said.
The lineswoman was not a tattletale. She was only doing her job. The umpire also did her job, and Federer intimidated her. Anyway, I was not singling out Federer. I was simply showing that players say or do things in the heat of the moment, and that Dustin Brown's reaction was nothing in comparison to some of the other reactions that we see.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The lineswoman was not a tattletale. She was only doing her job. The umpire also did her job, and Federer intimidated her. Anyway, I was not singling out Federer. I was simply showing that players say or do things in the heat of the moment, and that Dustin Brown's reaction was nothing in comparison to some of the other reactions that we see.
Her job is to call the lines, not tattle on players for swearing. But yeah I agree Brown’s reaction wasn’t much compared to ones such as Kyrgios.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts