Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
It is impossible for Davy to play his game today, when the courts are so slow and racquets let players just dink the ball back and it goes in every time. Truly disgusting.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
It is impossible for Davy to play his game today, when the courts are so slow and racquets let players just dink the ball back and it goes in every time. Truly disgusting.
Yeah, let's blame the rackets for all Vesely's shots going in and all Davydenko's going out. :lol:

I wasn't a fan of Vesely last year but he is slowly improving. At least he's winning ATP matches this year.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Its not that. Kolja has just declined.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Davydenko actually didn't do too well on the faster courts. Look at his big wins at his peak: WTF, slowish. Shanghai, slowish (09 it was). Shanghai TMC, ditto. Miami, slowish. The only real exception is Paris masters 06 on carpet, but that was a pretty weak draw. He needed to be able to dominate his opponents in longer rallies, but not be overwhelmed by pace himself.

Incidentally, of those tournaments the Shanghai masters has sped up quite a bit since, only Bercy is slower.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Davy :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Retirement looks closer and closer.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Nadal killa' on his way out of top 100...retirement is just a matter of time now

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
I don't think he's won consecutive matches since August.
I was about to ask when was the last time he won two matches in a row. Hope he has some good run before he calls it quits because this is just sad really.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'll be very surprised if Davydenko doesn't retire at the end of this season..

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Davydenko's decline since 2010 has been quite dramatic. So sad to see.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Davydenko's decline since 2010 has been quite dramatic. So sad to see.
everything went down when he severely injured his wrist...was it in Rotterdam, I can't recall

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
he's peaking for slams

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Well not everyone can come back from serious injuries and still be a anywhere as good. Shame for Davydenko, he was one of the cleanest hitters on tour prior to 2011.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Davy's still capable at playing at a really high level though, he just can't sustain it. Hopefully he has one last nice run in Wimbledon or somewhere.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Davy's still capable at playing at a really high level though, he just can't sustain it. Hopefully he has one last nice run in Wimbledon or somewhere.
:lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts