Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivo won again last night - I wonder whats happened to him to start winning matches all of a sudden! :) - anyway he beat Robredo 76 64. :) Whilst his first serve wasnt firing on all cylinders, Ivo's returning was pretty decent, winning 30% of points on the robredo serve...

So Ivo moves into his first single semis of the year, where he'll face James Blake (USA, #21) :eek:

Good Luck Ivo!

below is the press release from Tennis Channel Open

Karlovic beats third-seeded Robredo; Hewitt advances
March 3, 2006

---
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Ivo Karlovic beat No. 3 seed Tommy Robredo, and top-seeded Lleyton Hewitt cruised to an easy victory Friday in the quarterfinals of the Tennis Channel Open.

Playing in winds gusting from 30-40 mph, Karlovic downed Robredo 7-6 (4), 6-4. Hewitt made the semifinals with a 6-2, 6-0 win over Philipp Kohlschreiber.

Karlovic, a 6-foot-10 Croatian, dominated his match with hard serves, some surpassing 140 mph.

"I was not trying to think about the wind," Karlovic said. "I was trying to concentrate on my game. I was happy that I won. I'm playing well, but with the wind it's difficult for me to play to my potential."

Karlovic has not made a final since last June, when he lost to Andy Roddick in London.

Hewitt, from Australia, had little trouble against Kohlschreiber, breaking the German's serve six out of seven times.

Since dropping his first set to Florian Mayer in the first round of the tournament, Hewitt has won six consecutive sets.

"The last two I've played have been straight-set matches," he said. "I had a tough match in the first round and sometimes that puts you in good stead for the tournament, to come through a match like that."

Hewitt next will play Paul Goldstein, a 6-3, 2-0 winner when Xavier Malisse of Belgium retired.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts