Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy was solid but Paulo just fell apart. He hit some nice shots but hit a LOT of errors as well. I'm ready for the quarterfinal with Rafa. :)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I enjoyed watching this match. Slow start from Mathieu then I felt like he was the better player for the rest of the first set but he wasn't able to capitalize on his opportunities.

Mathieu missed a good chance at snatching a break early in the second set where on break point, Roddick did well to retrieve a big forehand down-the-line and Mathieu overplayed the off forehand as a result. That seemed to turn around the momentum of the match although Roddick played two sloppy points to go down 0-30 the next game as Mathieu started making more errors.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,845 Posts
Andy was solid but Paulo just fell apart. He hit some nice shots but hit a LOT of errors as well. I'm ready for the quarterfinal with Rafa. :)
Really? I thought it wsa a pretty lousy match as far as quality tennis :shrug:
Andy's serve and PMH errors were the tell all here.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Heh another service fiesta from Andy 13 Aces in 10games , almost 60% of services in

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
mathie had his chances esp. in 2 sets he just couldn't convert the BPs and andy served really solid so a well deserved win.

Now go out and destroy the smelly piggy :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yeah, can't wait to see the Rafa/Andy match! Well I won't be able to watch it, but anyway...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
it was needed a shitty performance to lose to Roddick today and PHM achieved it

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Congrats Andy:D

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Fully agree. Boring match.

Andy's serve was pretty :eek: :eek: :eek: today. Nasty job for Raf tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Both Ferrero and PHM were pretty disappointing. Funny how the short highlights video mostly showed PHM winners. :D

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me rephrase: Andy was solid enough to get the win. ;) :p

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Let's see who will out moonball who in the next round :) My moonballer happens to have a huge serve so :yeah:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts