Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Routine win with Nole not needing to be at his best.

·
Premium Member
21,575 Posts
Good serving from both most of the match, Stakhovski was really on fire in the first, made two bad UEs in the TB and that was it. Think he was worse in the second set, Nole just solid in the match, nothing special, apart from better serve than usual :)

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Watching a #1 player play at his peak confidence is always interesting.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I think it works this way... when Djokovic and Murray see the draw being on a collision course in the semifinals, and they know that most probably will face tough opponents in the quarter-finals, don't want to waste too much energy in encounters which are winnable in straight sets anyway. It might be an explanation of their sleepy first two rounds.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Stakhovsky was surprisingly good! Djokovic is not looking that good, he doesn't finish points off. But his QF with Tipsarevic almost guarantees him the win :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
Was that wax Nole playing today? I can barely tell the difference.

Ajde.

Reactions: Seingeist

·
Premium Member
21,575 Posts
I think it works this way... when Djokovic and Murray see the draw being on a collision course in the semifinals, and they know that most probably will face tough opponents in the quarter-finals, don't want to waste too much energy in encounters which are winnable in straight sets anyway. It might be an explanation of their sleepy first two rounds.
Well, it's not like they have to win every match 6-0 6-0? Win is a win :)

·
Banned
3,862 Posts

·
Banned
3,862 Posts

Ajde.
Why are you constantly trying to be funny?It's not working.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts

Ajde.
Blasphamey! Comparing Novak to that...lump that allegedly resembles him.

You shall be flogged for your insolence

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Well, it's not like they have to win every match 6-0 6-0? Win is a win :)
But the interesting thing is, they try to win as quick as possible the first rounds in majors. Maybe it's a matter of their natural ability to stay on the court around 2 hours without a sign of fatigue. So when they play "the best of three" don't bother with dropping a potential set because are going to close out the contest under two hours anyway. Murray yesterday beat Berrer in 2:06, it's 6 minutes less than his straight sets victory over Nishikori in Melbourne.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Why are you constantly trying to be funny?It's not working.
What's not funny about wax Nole? Seen his eyelashes? Calling out other peoples humour doesn't belong in MTF. Back to WTAWorld with you.

On the match, Stakh was pretty damn good. Predictably struggled on the important points, and that as usual is the difference against the top guns.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Rather impressed by Stakhovsky, especially because he didn't immediately throw the match after losing that 1st set TB but kept on fighting for his chances. To no avail eventually but the guy surely deserves some kudos for giving it a nice try. :)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
What happened? Struggle from Nole or good play from Stakhovsky??

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
tipsarevic is not going to be easy.....

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Stakhovsky was surprisingly good! Djokovic is not looking that good, he doesn't finish points off. But his QF with Tipsarevic almost guarantees him the win :rolleyes:
Tipsy beat him the last time they played:rocker2:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
In the second set he lost 5 games in a row...
Stak's tank was obviously empty by then - in combination with Djoko realizing that it was high-time to end off the fun.
What I mean is that he didn't fold immediately after losing the TB - something you see rather often when a 'nobody' plays a top player.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Stak's tank was obviously empty by then - in combination with Djoko realizing that it was high-time to end off the fun.
What I mean is that he didn't fold immediately after losing the TB - something you see rather often when a 'nobody' plays a top player.
That sorta stuff makes me wonder where the hell Stakhovsky has been all these years :eek:.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts