·
Registered
22,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a match.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
So what we have learned from this match ? In djokovic's case that ranking doesn't lie and in golubev's case that he will never rise .

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
Match was bursting at the seams with tension. Mini Nole's backhand looks exactly like his brother's. Alas he doesn't have as much talent as his brother which means he can't win matches without the ajde warcry.

Ajde.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Marko wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of people thought he might be.

Really has to improve his serve though.

·
Registered
26,825 Posts
Middle child, born a Leo :help: Marco had no chance from the moment of birth. Should have chosen a completely different career, better academic or artistic.

·
Registered
22,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not bad for first ATP match Marko, if he improves, he might reach Top150.
Disgusting you forgot the epic match he played against Di Mauro.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
So what we have learned from this match ? In djokovic's case that ranking doesn't lie and in golubev's case that he will never rise .
Well that's not true, he's not half as bad as that ranking suggests. That's mainly down to huge injury lay offs. His game was pretty good, was too "pusher" for most of it but hit some very good shots when he put his mind to it but the serve was very poor. His game is at least a couple of hundred spots higher than that ranking though. I don't know if he's played many futures since his latest injury last year but I expect he'd be able to win a good few more matches there now, than he was doing if he goes back there.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Middle child, born a Leo :help: Marco had no chance from the moment of birth. Should have chosen a completely different career, better academic or artistic.
:lol:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
This match was an education. I'm filing it away in my scrapbook of my Tennis viewing achievements.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Marko :hug:

You played ok with flashes of brilliance, little one.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Disgusting you forgot the epic match he played against Di Mauro.
What a classic... I really hope someone somewhere has video footage of it to share, because those stats are just iconic.

W/UEs between the two were apparantely 44-157 and Di Mauro saved 2MPs winning 6-7(5), 7-5, 6-0

:hatoff:

·
Registered
22,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a classic... I really hope someone somewhere has video footage of it to share, because those stats are just iconic.

W/UEs between the two were apparantely 44-157 and Di Mauro saved 2MPs winning 6-7(5), 7-5, 6-0

:hatoff:
Yeah, I watched the whole thing live.

I mean, I don't even know how to describe it. Definitely the worst match I have ever seen, including challengers.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
It was stupid giving him a WC for the main draw. If he had been given a WC for qualies, he would have benefited a lot more in terms of both money and ranking points as he could have won a few matches that way and even earned his way into the draw properly.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts