Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Epic mugfest. Cilic's propensity for choking is monstrous. Funny that he should serve better than Paire all match only to start throwing double faults when up. Paire saved double MP on Cilic's serve in set 2 and another two on his own serve in set 3, both with aces. Cilic then served two doubles in the breaker while Paire only missed one first serve. Classic meltdown.

Fun close stats, both won 120 points and have nearly identical serve stats. Both also double faulted 12 times, that is every tenth point. Remarkable.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Well that was something, even for Cilic’s standards ? Losing against Paire from 6-2 5-3 40-15 is certainly some feat, and Paire didn’t even look like he wanted to win most of the time.

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
The special one
14,368 Posts
Christ, imagine choking against Paire of all people. At least I got home to see the start of the Fog/Evans match which I didn't think I would do because Cilic was 2-0 up in the decider when I left the house.

·
Registered
640 Posts
This Cilic case will remain an unsolved mystery for the ages. How did he go from a top 5 player for many years, to a random journeyman in less than 2 years, without facing any serious adversity, like injuries, family events, etc...

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
GOAT?

I always knew that Mugrin has this kind of choke in himself. What a fantastic inspiration. All you chokers out there, be40-15lieve in yourself and choke harder than ever before.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
Didn't see a second, but comments are hilarious and make me want to see it asap.

Can't wait for the TennisTV Video: "Dramatic Paire Comeback Saves 4 MP's"

·
justice for all
15,100 Posts
Djordje :p

I bet even Dijana wouldn't even waste her time trying to carry Mugic in a doubles match lol.
Obviously that's a charity event by Djokovic.
Not even sure why he plays doubles when he already played his singles match.
If Srdjan is in Dubai he should put him in this match as replacement.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Early candidate for the worst match of the year.

·
The special one
14,368 Posts
Obviously that's a charity event by Djokovic.
Not even sure why he plays doubles when he already played his singles match.
If Srdjan is in Dubai he should put him in this match as replacement.
It's all good. Novak has managed to find an upgraded replacement to Cilic.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

1 - 20 of 27 Posts