Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing away several minibreak leads in the tie break, double faulting set point for him, Tipsy is unparalleled.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Re: Dubai QF Tipsy earns his spot as president of the Djoko fan club 6-1 7-6(6)

agreed, leaded 3-0 4-1 then my tennis TV connection fell out and when it worked again it was 6-5 for him and he double faulted

·
Registered
324 Posts

Double faulting at set point is pure class.

·
Premium Member
21,529 Posts

Then he must be president of Berdych club as well, since he blew TB almost in the same way as in WTF. What a stupid title. Tipsy fought until the end, in tight situations he's unfortunately too nervous.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Don't fire Troicki. He is much better as a president of Novak's fan club.
Tipsy always fights against Nole, and he can do this choke against anyone in the world.

·
Your visions will happen
50,002 Posts
Tipsarevic's choking made me gag in that breaker, my God.

3-0 lead, loses it. *4-3 up, he hits a double :facepalm:

Clutch FH the next point, up 5-4. Rebounds and gets a SP on his serve at *6-5, annnnnnnnd, another DF :facepalm:

You knew it was over then.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

As the commentators noted, it was uncomfortable to watch.
I was watching in Italian, so I had no idea what they were saying. I imagine they were yelling at the screen like I was.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Usually when you've got a situation like this, that one player leads 3:0 in a tie-break with 2 serves to come he has 70-80% to win it, but in a case when on the one side stands Djokovic with all his experience of coming from behind against everyone, and on the other side there's prone to choke Tipsarevic, it's only 30-40%. Even when Tipsy had a set point at 6:5 his chances to win the set where slim :eek:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Is there a bigger tiebreak mug in the sport, seriously? :eek:. StatRacket and other guys, please dig out some stats about the worst tiebreaker players of the game please and compare to Tipsarevic :facepalm:.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Then he must be president of Berdych club as well, since he blew TB almost in the same way as in WTF. What a stupid title. Tipsy fought until the end, in tight situations he's unfortunately too nervous.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. He did lose a closer tiebreak against Llodra, but that was with the Marseille crowd behind his opponent. Here they were rooting for him to make a comeback and take the second set.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Never in doubt. Similar to that encounter at the US open. A few scares here and there for Djokovic but you always knew he was going to win.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Hilarious tiebreak, although I think you could make the point Tips was fortunate to get to the tiebreak at all.
Tipsy is very bad in deciding 3rd set tie-breaks, his TB record overall is decent, also in TB's prolonged to at least two changes of ends, only in the last 12 months won 16-14 against Karlovic and 14-12 against Tursunov.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Is there a bigger tiebreak mug in the sport, seriously? :eek:. StatRacket and other guys, please dig out some stats about the worst tiebreaker players of the game please and compare to Tipsarevic :facepalm:.
He's not that terrible, about 52%.

Tiebreak mugs of the tour are Seppi at 43%, Wawrinka 44%, Cilic 44%

Arguably Karlovic has the worst. 50.4%, but with his serve it should be way higher.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tipsy tried hard, but Nole is simply on another level.
Maybe in the first set, but Nole couldn't have won the second with out Tipsy handing him two double faults, one on set point.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts