Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Another match which was about the opponent more than Federer. Choke reminiscent of Simon against Federer in Basel last year. Absolutely hideous stuff from Shitsipas from 4-4 30-0 on. 2018 Basel + 2019 Dubai, two titles similar in its mediocrity and star alignment.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Great tennis today from Roger, all things were working for him in this match. Congrats on his 100# title. : )

Stefanos didn't play well today, but he got top10 ranking and some time to rest finally.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Congrats to Fred, 100 titles is a great achievement.

Both played GOAT in the 2nd set up until 4-4 30-15, then Tsitsipas collapsed. Fred should play more aggressive more often, it's not just about the speed of the court, but also about the return stance and net approaches in general.

The post-match celebration is hilarious, a wild violinist appeared out of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
A very solid performance again from Roger to back up his performance against Coric. Honestly where has this Federer been for the past year? The last two matches, he has played at his pre IW 2018 level and this level is more than good enough to make him a threat to win the biggest titles. I'm honestly buzing right now. Never did I think that Roger would win 100 titles in his career, but he did it and did so in a very empathtic fashon. Tsitsipas didn't really stand a chance today.

With this 8th title win in Dubai, Federer becomes the second player to win 8 or more times at four different tournaments. Nadal is the other one. I can't help but feel that Federer should have a La Decima of his own somewhere.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
A shame Roger can't bring this form to slams anymore, but if he can keep this level up, IW trophy is there for the taking. Congrats on title 100!

Hopefully Stef can keep his head up. Welcome to the top 10! Finally we have another NextGen in the top 10. Tsitsipas will be one to look out for over the coming month.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts