Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you think of Dubai court speed?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
49,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week we've seen Dubai and its pretty quick surface compared to the majority of the tour. Enjoy it, because IW and Miami, the 2 slowest HC events around, are next.

What did you think? Did you like the speed of the Dubai surface and the resultant style of play?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Nice court speed.. poor matches

·
29,637 Posts
It's not bad. It should be every outdoor HC except Australia. Points end quickly and it helps on the body.

There's no sticky, ugly bounces either.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
It's not bad. It should be every outdoor HC except Australia. Points end quickly and it helps on the body.

There's no sticky, ugly bounces either.
Definitely a refreshing change and easier on the body. Even a tad bit slower would be ok. But it's ridiculous when a hard court is so slow that players are averaging 10-20 shots per rally. On clay that's expected and ok as clay is much more forgiving surface on the body. On hard courts and grass excellent serves and volleys and attacking shots should be rewarded, not pounded back left and right because the court is so slow playing that the retriever types can get to almost every ball. It's like playing the old pong paddle video game at slow speed. You only lose the point when you get too tired or bored playing. Players and fans need the variety!!!

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I'm happy but I didn't "loved it". I think this should be the regular hardcourt.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I will give you my verdict tomorrow :D

3,728 Posts
most hard courts should play like this

and the other hard courts at the end of the season should revert to indoor carpet

otherwise the tour is a sham

wimbledon is a sham

roland garros is the fastest slam

·
Registered
574 Posts
If the AO & USO are fast courts,Nadal should cry.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Suits Federer.. this is how all hardcourts should be methinks

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Not too fast or slow.

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
If Federer wins, MTF will say these courts are fast and the best for the tour.

If Murray wins, MTF will say "Nice try, but the courts are so damn slow it's a disgrace for tennis and humanity alike."

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If Federer wins, MTF will say these courts are fast and the best for the tour.

If Murray wins, MTF will say "Nice try, but the courts are so damn slow it's a disgrace for tennis and humanity alike."
Its alright for murray to win because he is a better fast court player than nadal and djokovic with his variety. He is true all court player like federer. No complains.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts