Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goodness, that was a horrible tiebreak... extreme nerves on both sides.

Evans was not clutch, but he got another close one because his opponent, Herbert; choked. Badly.

Pierre smashed his racquet 5 times after MP.

·
justice for all
15,293 Posts
Man, to be a fan a Herbert must suck.
Once a choker, always a choker.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
You say choke but Evans was 2-0 up in the second set and lost 6 of the next 7 games. He was the better player overall.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You say choke but Evans was 2-0 up in the second set and lost 6 of the next 7 games. He was the better player overall.
soo? Are you trying to make the argument Herbert was the better player? Cause I agree, lol.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
soo? Are you trying to make the argument Herbert was the better player? Cause I agree, lol.
You must have watched a different match then.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You must have watched a different match then.
Nope, we both saw the one where both choked and Herbert choked better, as everyone else who has commented here in this thread, Brit.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Nope, we both saw the one where both choked and Herbert choked better, as everyone else who has commented here in this thread, Brit.
Most people in this thread didn't even watch the match. Did you or did you just tune in for the TB?

Also, if you think nationality has anything to do with it then look through my posts for any comment I've ever made about Kyle Edmund.

Evans is a much better player than Herbert and he was for most of this match.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Most people in this thread didn't even watch the match. Did you or did you just tune in for the TB?

Also, if you think nationality has anything to do with it then look through my posts for any comment I've ever made about Kyle Edmund.

Evans is a much better player than Herbert and he was for most of this match.
Why then Herbert had 3 MPs???

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
I don’t get why you guys are trying to determine a better player in a match where both guys won 112 points and broke their opponent 4 times, it can be said that a certain player was better at some point and choked, but it’s ridiculous to claim either the outright better player in such a tight match.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Why then Herbert had 3 MPs???
I don't understand what you mean. You because you have match points (especially in a final set tie breaker) doesn't mean you're the better player and whilst we're at it, In spite of MTF, not everything has to be about being a mug or choking.

The first match point was well saved by Evans who finished it with a winner. The second match point was saved with an unreturned first serve. The third was hit long by literally an inch by Herbert after an extended rally.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Didn't watch, but outstanding result for tennis and humanity.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts